Plug and Mold for 18' sailboat

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by John Merritt, Oct 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Blueknarr

Blueknarr Senior Member

Thank you ondarvr.

One of the things I like about this forum is that there are some truly knowledge members who gently correct when a modest member gives poor advice

John, ondarvr is one who I seek out when I have a resin or glass question. Heed his words..

2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

At the risk of being a party- pooper, I have not yet seen the design that the OP is planning to build. Is it an adequate, carefully and knowledge based design or is it the product of a stylist or predetermined notions. I certainly mean no discredit to the OP but why not post some basic drawings of the proposed build. There are experienced contributors here who might very well be of service in terms of design critique.

The time and expense of building a plug and mold and then the boat, are surely worth some conversation about the fate of the end result.

3. John Merritt

John Merritt Junior Member

Ondarvr... thank you for the info on continuous filament mat. Messabout, I haven't posted the drawings because I don't know how.... I'm definitely not the most computer savvy person. Ondarvr, if I may, another question: In your opinion what is the lightest weight CSM that can be used between two layers of heavy WR.... and what weights of CSM would be suitable to use as a veil ?