please help me identify brand, category, and length

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Cam B, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Cam B

Cam B New Member

I really like this boat on the right of this picture. What I really like is the way it has the flat upper deck for big party's. I can't seem to find something similar to this. What category would it fall into cruiser, aft cabin, pilot house etc? What would be the approximate length?
    [​IMG]

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Looks like the Seattle Sea Fair. That is a tourist boat rented out for occasions like this where people want to go watch a boat race (that's why they are there), party, and not have to worry that the skipper will be too drunk to get them home ok. When not doing this it is probably used for moonlight dinner cruises or tours along the Waterfront. Unfortunately when I blow the picture up it is too blurry to read the banner, or the name on the bow. The boat is probably built to US Coast Guard "T" boat standards for boats under 100 gross tons carrying passengers for hire.

Those are the Navy's Blue Angels team zooming past and that is Mercer Island in the background. This is on Lake Washington, a large lake east of Seattle, but relatively protected waters. Every year there is a big celebration in July with parades, fairs, etc and it all ends with a hydroplane race on Lake Washington.

3. Ike

Ike Senior Member

I looked up a lot of the outfits that charter boats for the logboom at the races. didn't see this one but it looks really familiar. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere around Seattle.