please help!! confused about veneer!!

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by kiser1991, Aug 30, 2011.

1. kiser1991

kiser1991 Junior Member

that looks great! thanks for all the help, now seeing all of this stuff and reading it i would rather not ues the veneer. i would rather use something a little thicker.

2. kiser1991

kiser1991 Junior Member

sean boat looking great! i guess we both have the same tast, i was wondering where you have got your mahogany planking. my lumber company dont sell it and had no idea where to get it. any ideas? and are you using that on the deck?

3. sean-nós

sean-nós Senior Member

I had to buy large planks and have them cut into strips, not cheep and you lose a lot in sawdust :mad: I probably will do the same for the deck but I saw some hardwood paneling in a local home store that might work.
    Are you building it 15' or 10% bigger.

4. kiser1991

kiser1991 Junior Member

i built it 15. i wanted to make it 16,6 but i didnt want the extra math so i just kept it spmple. do you think you will have it on the lake by next summer?

5. sean-nós

sean-nós Senior Member

Thats the plan, I went with the 15' but I am trying to fit a 1-1 gearbox and there is a lot more maths involved :D I have a post on rudder design just below to see if I can fit an outboard one to help drop the prop shaft angle.

6. kiser1991

kiser1991 Junior Member

i bet thats fun lol im just about to flip mu hull over so im pretty excited thats why i am trying to get all the advice on this i can. i think the next boat i will build is the glen l gentry i love that look but i need to get this one done first i plan to have it done by march hopefully!

7. sean-nós

sean-nós Senior Member

How did you get on with drilling your prop shaft hole and what angle did you end up with. Do you have a link to your build,would love to see some photos.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.