Plating with Rhino

Discussion in 'Software' started by soffi, Jan 23, 2011.

1. soffi

soffi Junior Member

So I punched the plans I bought into Rhino, wireframing looks ok but I'm not able to find out how to plate the thing ;)

Any suggestions? :)

Also.. would it be possible to export this to Delftship to make stab calculations etc.?

Thanks!

br,
    soffi

Attached Files:

2. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Soffi the “surfaces>loft “ command will get you started. When using this command always use the same starting point end for each section to avoid twist.

3. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

the curves I am seeing is not suitable for lofting, moreover the the section curves are not intersecting the centreline curve, which i see in the profile view.
    Draw the curves properly and then try to use "networksrf" command. (but before then check from the user manual, what are conditions for using this command)

4. naserrishehri

naserrishehri Senior Member

Try To Make Patches In Separate Regions

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.