Turning PLASTIC back into oil

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Jan 8, 2011.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

PLASTIC BACK INTO OIL IT CAME FROM!!!!!​

A case of Japanese ingenuity and perseverance? What is more important would be the marketing and very low cost to make it mandatory.

To have one of these in every home.
    Better yet, find a way to stop packaging everything in plastic.

Sound is all in Japanese. Just read the subtitles and watch.

http://www.flixxy.com/convert-plastic-to-oil.htm

Possibly a great discovery!

2. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

3. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

Brilliant! Although when I Googled it, I saw companies all the way back to 2004 doing this. I wonder what happened to them?

4. mark775

mark775 Guest

With a plastic-to-oil machine AND an oil-to-usable-fuel machine both running off of a generator for the 3KWH necessary to make the near-PERFECT recovery of one liter of oil from one kilo of plastic, would it produce enough gasoline to power the generator?
    "What is more important would be the marketing and very low cost to make it mandatory To have one of these in every home..." - might we better see how the world reacts before commiting us to one in every home at $12,700 a copy? Can we start by forcing the people of, say, Colorado to each buy one and see how it goes?

5. CatBuilder

Whoa! I missed the mandatory part... yikes!

Mark's got me bustin' a rib here with choosing Colorado as the test market. :)

6. cthippo

cthippo Senior Member

Why not just recycle it back into plastic?

7. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

..thanks Brian, very interesting, following up more info, but it is hard to get.

8. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Turn plastic into plastic; Ingenious!

9. wardd

wardd Senior Member

just burn it in your backyard and turn it into agw pollutants, make a denier happy

10. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

"very low cost to make it mandatory"

Nothing thats Mandatory is low cost.

Once the Polititions and Lawyers get their filthy fingers in the pot to steal their "Fair Share" of taxpayer money the whole idea will go down a rathole.

What will make it succesfull is when the inventor makes a profit from it and it becomes economically viable due to compitition.

I have developed an ingenious idea to turn Paper Bags and Beeswax and rendered animal fat into Fire Starters for my wood stove.

[​IMG]

11. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Great video!
    I see our current fuel-taxation system as a big obstacle to implementing this process at a household level. Nearly every country gets a good part of their revenues through fuel taxation. This japanese machine, being a way of getting an apparently free fuel, could be seen as a revenue loss or tax evasion by our myopic governments (which means - a majority of them). Anyways, we'll see. The first news about this invention dates back to the summer 2010, I bet that the very next day the financial sharks were already working on getting the plans ready and exclusive rights for it's exploitation.

12. Billy_Ingram

Billy_Ingram New Member

No,somebody will buy all rights to it and put it on a shelf and lock the door.GM did that several yrs. ago with an engine built to run on fresh water.

13. mark775

mark775 Guest

It's a conspiracy!

14. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Most of the usual suspects are here. Where's Troy? Probably stuck on a chessboard somewhere.

15. CatBuilder

Actually, this dates way back. People all over the world have been either doing this (or claiming to) for close to 10 years:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CYH/is_1_6/ai_82006263/
    (2002)

http://business.highbeam.com/5877/a...alif-company-convert-plastic-into-diesel-fuel
    (2004)

http://www.gizmag.com/go/4534/
    (2005)

I wonder what happened to the rest of the people who had been doing this all along? Out of business? Why is this Japanese guy claiming to be the first. He's only the first in Japan.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.