Plans of classic yachts

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by gregc, Nov 25, 2004.

1. gregc

gregc Junior Member

Anyone know where I could get plans of classic yachts from the 50s and 60s? I'm going to be working on the interior redesign of a 55' Chris Craft Constellation 1961. I've got a low quality scan of an original brochure, but it only shows the lower level (fore and aft staterooms, salon, and dinette) - nothing on the pilothouse or aft deck. I figure there's enough of them around so the plans should be available somewhere. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg Cavanaugh

2. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Best bet is to try ChrisCraft themselves.
    If they don't have them any more, and/or won't give them to you, then the only way to obtain them is probably illegal.
    But... THey may be out there, so don't let me stop you looking. Try Museums, especially near CC headquarters (could even ask CC if they were donated anywhere)

Steve

3. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

MIT has a very fine nautical library and the Mustic Seaport Museum (CT)also has many origonal plans they will copy , for a nominal fee.

FAST FRED

4. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

The Mariners' Museum in Newport News, Virginia, both holds and sells many Chris Craft plans. See Mariners' Museum

They claim to have about 55,000 "original design plans" :!:

Tad

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.