1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Plans for Bristol Engineering's 15' Sport Runabout

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by gaff, Apr 29, 2011.

1. gaff

gaff New Member

I have a set of Ray Sargent' plans for a 15' Sport Runabout including the conversion plans for the Subaru marine conversion. They were purchased back in 1997. A little dog eared but never used.

Attached Files:

2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Good looking boat. Not an easy build but maybe worth the effort. The Subaru engine is well proven in several other boat types. A better engine choice for a boat of this size because it is much lighter than say a 305 Chev or something of that sort. The bigger engine would make more HP but the 2.5L Subie can make 150 shaft horsepower without much strain. That'll be ample for a 15 footer. Way back in the day, Wooden Boat magazine conducted a design contest for a boat to use the Subaru engine. There is a marine transmission that is a perfect fit for that engine. The magazine had all the details.

Start building.

3. gaff

gaff New Member

It is a good looking boat, but I have my hand full restoring another boat and would consider selling the plans if anyone is interested.

4. KennSiegert

KennSiegert New Member

Ray sargent's 15' Sport Runabout

So I would like to have a set of Ray Sargent's plans for his 15' Sport Runabout. Can you tell if they are still available or can I aquire yours?

5. marcus_carey

marcus_carey New Member

Do you still have these plans?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.