Need help with angles and radius of sponson

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Steve Quate, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Steve Quate

Steve Quate Junior Member

Hello everyone,
    I’m getting my butt kicked here, trying to figure out what angles I need to cut on the end of the pieces used fur a racing boats front sponson. I hv been using R/C hydra planes boat hull sponson building of of utube. Watching the guys close the frame bulkheads that are in the front sponson. Going to try and download pics of what I’m shooting for. Not getting into heavy science, I hv the hull design I’m building in 5 different parts, glassing them together but I’m at the point of this is my last part is the sponson. I am using thin plastic wall board cut out to the angles needed to make the upward front part of the sponson wiring the edges together and adding support inside of form and pouring flotation foam inside of mold abd glassing over that. I cannot to save my butt make the front of a sponsons most of pieces needed to make one comes to a point and created a rounded semi point angles upwards
    Can anyone send me how the pieces are cut? Angles of each piece abd I’ll figure out how big to make them. I really appreciate any help in this I can get I don’t know if I should post my email or phone abs text me. I want to follow guidelines being new. I’m going to try and download my pics
    One measurement not on the pattern is how tall the inside sponson shape is going to be 16” tall. The bottom is going to be 11” wide. Thank anyone that will help me on angles god bless be safe Steve
    The pic of the R/C boat is shake I am wanting the drawing is of what my litttke boat gonna look like

Attached Files:

2. AlanX

AlanX Senior Member

Hi,
    Someone may have exactly what you want, but if not, then you will need to design your own.
    You could try trial and error with paper, scissors and masking tape.
    Otherwise you will need to use a hull design program.
    Regards AlanX

3. Jimboat

Jimboat Senior Member

Looks like a fun project!

4. Steve Quate

Steve Quate Junior Member

Thanks that’s what I’m doing now got it in paper now just trying it with actual sized cardboard lol we’ll see how it goes thanks

5. AlanX

AlanX Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.