please help me to improve on my design!

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by smithers1o1, Aug 25, 2007.

1. smithers1o1

smithers1o1 Junior Member

below is my design for my boat. i know for a fact that it needs improvement, so i am open to any suggestions

Attached Files:

2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Smithers:
    what do you want the boat to do? What is its' intended purpose? Are we to assume that it is a Powered trimaran?

Your drawings are very angular. Smooth out those curves. The boat will ultimately be easier to build than would a series of flat panels as shown. In addition the boat will work better with smooth curves, it will also be more structurally sound, and more than likely cost less to build.

I urge you to get some books about boat design and study them. There are many of them available, perhaps in your local library. There are titles such as; Yacht Designing and Planning. by Howard Chappelle, Skenes Elements of Yacht design, Backyard Boat Building. There are many others. Do not be put off by words in the title that suggests Yacht. Yacht does not really mean what is implied by the popular definition of the word. A yacht is a boat, and not necessarily a big one.

You have to start somewhere and indeed you have started. Good for you. Study for a while and get back to us.

3. smithers1o1

smithers1o1 Junior Member

ty, im trying to get boat design with plywood by Glen-L Thank you

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.