apprentiship

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Tytn2, May 26, 2009.

1. Tytn2

Tytn2 New Member

hello I am a 26 year old male in south africa and am looking for a company to do a boatbuilding apprentiship in australia. i have three years boat buildin experiacnce and am needing some help to find a decent company that migh be interested in taking me. any help would be great! thanks

Tytn2

2. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Hey mate, unfortunately the boatbuilders in Aus right now are going bust about one per week, not much happening here.

The largest builder is already in receivership and laid off another 150 workers yesterday, so I would suggest that you try elsewhere right now.

3. Tytn2

Tytn2 New Member

thanks

Hello

thanks for the heads up, i never knew it was that bad. hmmmm where to look lol. any suggestions? pref somewhere where it dosnt rain all day every day lol

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.