Please Help me identify this boat!

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by selby, May 30, 2008.

1. selby

selby New Member

I am really struggling to identify this boat of mine, any suggestions would be brilliant. We originally thought it was a seawych but this was not correct, The name of the boat is The Sea Apollo which we think may have a tie with the originality of the boat. A brass plaque inside the cabin reads (translated form Hungarian) Built in the BalatonFured MHD's dockyard Hungary (Lake balaton Near Budapest) 1969 Number of construction 64. On the cabin door is a THPA 1986 sticker on a steel plate with 7351 on it. I Think it has spent the last 10 years at Alnmouth Northumberland/ Newton by the Sea and previously North Yorkshire with a owner called N. Ring or Rug. The rudder is through the deck not hung on the transom.

IMGP0595.JPG IMGP0594.JPG IMGP0597.JPG IMGP0933.JPG

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.