Can this tender scale?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by capt_jack, Jun 19, 2010.

1. capt_jack

capt_jack Junior Member

I found some photos of a yacht tender made by Catarina in Brazil. She's good for 38kts w/ a 46ft length.

I was thinking she would make a very striking yacht scaled to 80 or even 100ft. I was wondering if she would scale or if the design would fail at that size?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HakimKlunker

HakimKlunker Andreas der Juengere

Quite pretty on first sight :)
    Scaling is perhaps not the best idea: If you double the size, you will increase volume in the third potential. It is a little like doubling engine power and expecting to double the speed. This is how Corrie designs.
    Wetted area - ratio of length/beam - target speed, target weight and so many other factors play a role, that it seems better to design a hull of your own and include the design features that you feel happy with.

3. thedutchtouch

thedutchtouch Junior Member

sheesh what kind of yacht do you ave to have to have that as a tender?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.