Pirates are local heroes

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Manie B, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

I came across this article by pure chance

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2009-11-13-romance-of-the-ransom

and thought that some may like to read it

it deals with the fact that the pirates are local heroes and are splashing big dollars around like there is no tomorrow

My 2 cents = NUKE THE MOTHER FU3KERS there are no innocents in those towns, take the whole lot out and flatten those cities

http://www.sail-world.com/Cruising/Kidnapped-sailors-ill-and-refusing-to-eat-or-drink/63349

these two will die from bad water alone

2. mark775

mark775 Guest

If I were calling the shots, I'd Lay a few 2000 lb.ers in there to win their hearts. "Harley Davidson diesel motorbikes"?

3. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

All a shipping co. would have to do is get me a tripodded 50 cal with sights and starlight.
    And maybe a Barrett.

They wouldn't even have to pay me,just feed me and get me a few crates of ammo.

4. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

Just a thought.. Wondering (as allways) how to get the funds to boat(ing).
    So how about raiding those mfs and pirate the pirates. Some "poor" goverment in the neigborhood (like India) could lease the hardware against 50% share and all the poor boatbuilders had a chance to solve the fundamental handicap and collect some cash :p

5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Well Manie, I don't see how it is much difference there from here. Your power co ****** just paid themselves 50M bonusses, now if I have so much I wouldn't give a **** if they fire me or chase me away or accuse me of anything.

All that is going to happen is the next set of ambitious to get rich quicks are going to be put in place and the same thing will repeat over and over. A quick way to turn out multi millionaire philamons and YOU make them rich.

So, what's so different. Keep in mind that is only the one -com co, how about the rest of them, and that doesn't even include the gov.

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Ahhhh farkit fire all the USA's NUKULA bombs, and the nuclear weapons held be everyone else and see how many fail to go Ffffttttt Then the truth will out Cockroaches will regain their pre-eminent position and rule the world...

It IS a mad Mad MAD world :D :!: :eek: :?:

7. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

We know their town, so why not 1 Daisy Cutter or MOAB? One should be adequate to deplete the recruit base for a while.

8. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Well gents just when you wuz thinkin dat it cant get more stoooopid

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2009-11-18-ransom-payout-sparks-boom-in-somali-pirate-lair

they got a cool 4milUS$

and the whole town went crazy and hailed their "heroes"

is it just us that cant see the funny
    maybe the noise in my head?
    when will this lot end?

by the way i dont go around looking for this ****, it is by pure chance that i saw it
    when i am bored (or lazy) i search for crew - makes me feel good and doesn't anger me:cool:

9. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Oh and just look at those names

sorry nuke em

10. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

"However, dividing up the ransom can be complicated by the competing interests of dozens of pirates, businessmen and middlemen buy who buy "shares" in a hijacking, as well as by clan rivalries.

The pirates mostly organise themselves on a clan basis. Sharing the ransom can be difficult or reaching agreements on how to release hostages after payment," said a pirate who declined to be named."

What they actually need is a few lawyers to help sorting out the sharing.. In the end the pirates will be poorer and more humiliated than any western government could ever made them to be;)

11. RHP

RHP Senior Member

I hear the CIA have chosen a far more subtle way to dispose of the pirates: someone has offered to build a batch of cheap pirate boats in Thailand....... :p

12. apex1

apex1 Guest

Catamarans Richard?

13. hoytedow

Maybe they will use Elmer's glue.

14. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Come come you guys. Those 'poor' people does not know better. How can you expect from them to know better than to do what they do. They had no education and besides, they have human rights.

Instead of judgng them you should rather prey for them and that they will stop (all by themselves of caurse and who knows they may even give all the money back) and remember to prey for world piece and prey that they somehow miss you and does not attack your little boat.

Ok anything else too, but then only if nobody gets hurt.

15. hoytedow

Yeah, don't hurt them. Kill them quick.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.