Boatbuilders in Portland OR?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by cthippo, Jan 19, 2011.

1. cthippo

cthippo Senior Member

I've decided I'm going to enroll in the paramedic program in Vancouver WA and so I'll be living in the greater Vancouver - Portland urban sprawl for a year or so. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a boat builder in that area I might be able to get a job with and learn some boatbuilding skills while I learn how not to kill patients. I figure since I'll probably be living someplace where I won't have room to build anything maybe I can be productive and learn on someone else's expensive project :D

2. mark775

mark775 Guest

Christiansen Yachts. They weren't much relative to the premier large yacht yard of the States, Delta (Seattle). Well, they are still in business so they must be doing something right. Other than that, Clipper Craft in Portland if they're still around, and Schooner Creek, which is building very nice boats. Consider taking a shower before applying at any of these places.

3. dougfrolich

dougfrolich Senior Member

Schooner Creek Boatworks is in Portland.

4. cthippo

cthippo Senior Member

OK, thanks, guys. I'll take a loot at them when I get down there.

5. mark775

mark775 Guest

"I'll take a loot at them" - They all have security.

6. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Attached Files:

7. cthippo

cthippo Senior Member

That's why you approach from the water :p

Though if the price of wood goes up any more they may start keeping it in vaults!

8. glasser

glasser HELP U IF I CAN

there is a bunch of shops in Richmond and north van you can try looking in to Elvis Marin in north Vancouver

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.