Piranhas

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by tuantom, Apr 23, 2007.

1. tuantom

tuantom Senior Member

Has anyone ever heard of Piranha boats out of Hialeah, FLA? They went out of buisness sometime in the early 70's after the owner was killed at his desk. Apparently he was a very politically active Cuban exile with the wrong group of friends.

I have a 1967 24' model that I am restoring and spending altogether too much time and money on :rolleyes: . So this has spurred me into trying to find a little history on these boats (or boat). I was able to find some interesting info on the owner of the company, but not his boats. For all I know this is the only one ever built. Has anyone ever even seen another Piranha?
    Thanks

2. charmc

charmc Senior Member

There is a Piranha Boats now in St Petersburg, FL. I don't know anything about them, but perhaps they bought the rights to the name?

Here is the link:http://www.piranhaboats.com/

3. tuantom

tuantom Senior Member

Thanks for the reply,
    I've seen these more modern Piranhas, but that possibility never even occured to me. I should give them a call to see if they know anything about the earlier company. According to the small print on the badges, the name in full was Piranha International Machinery Corp., so I'm not sure If they'd have to buy the rights. But - it's worth a shot.

4. tuantom

tuantom Senior Member

This is an older thread; but I thought I'd throw it out there one more time. I still couldn't find any info myself - maybe there's a fresh set of eyes out there.

5. tuantom

tuantom Senior Member

6. dddgeronimo

dddgeronimo New Member

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.