Surface Piercing Propeller Vs Conventional Propeller

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by Pritam.edke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Pritam.edke

Pritam.edke New Member

Hi All,
    I am working on CFD simulation of a surface piercing propeller. I have modeled 841- B Surface piercing propeller(Olofsson 1996)...So far i have manage to get comparable results , for open water performance of the propeller.

Next i want to show how at high speeds , surface piercing propellers are more efficient than conventional propellers. Can anyone please suggest me any literature for designing of a surface piercing propeller for a particular ship.

or any methodology to design a surface piercing propeller...

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Send a PM to Frosty - he fitted surface piercing propulsion to his boat at Phuket - - or email Bill Barry-Cotter who races internationally as Maritimo Racing from the Gold Coast in Queensland

3. Pritam.edke

Pritam.edke New Member

Hi Masalai,
    Can u give me the mail address of Bill barry -corter..I was not able to find it

4. baeckmo

baeckmo Hydrodynamics

Under "Propulsion>Surface drives" you find the thread "Surface drive litterature". Start there!

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.