poll for ..... donation option?

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by westlawn5554X, Nov 6, 2006.

?

Sooo... just to clear this curosity once and for all guys

1. Yes! Good ideas!!! WOW! (Definately Positive)

50.0%
  2. Err... Maybe (more to positive then neutral)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nah! that is suck to the mud (Definately Neg.)

50.0%
  4. This doesnt concern me .... (NEUTRAL)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Let me think... (more to negative then neutral)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Dont Know guys... (Too much sailling head just got sunburn)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Hello,

I am either rich or have nothing to do with life hard earn money, so I just wanted to relate my view in the forum usage for me so far.

1. I saw other forum cool option to have a free access to discussion but still have a donation option.

2. I feel boat design forum is very generous with their bandwith and thrashing they have experience from user.

3. I feel by using the option some of US could feel a tad generous from appriciation and donate with the level we wanted (non-complusory)

4. I for instant try to send T-shirt but the forum didnt give their address to me due to rules problem( may think I am bribing, so best option is to donate and it will be legal:))

5. 80% of the folk here built boat and yachts I presume, US$10 for a shot doesnt kill, statues can be upgrade base on the user needs only.

Soooooooo... this is the polling as I am curious if the forum is compassionate or pure cold hearted bunch of sea lover...

I am sorry if I have stir up the can of worms and not looking for a new sensation........... just feel the forum could be better

2. hansp77

hansp77

I'd have to ask my boat,
    but I wouldn't be too optimistic.

She's got big plans for this summer
    like finishing her restoration and maxing out my credit card again.

I'd vote, but I don't see the 'too poor' option I that I would honestly have to admit.

Full-time student.
    Sorry.

3. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Can you explain why, with Gold, Platinum, Silver, Tin members and Subsidized members, this would be a better forum? :confused:

If Jeff needs money, he has only to say so. I am sure many members will contribute with what they can.
    Personally, I have a policy of maintaining all my money contributions anonymous.

4. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

It is maybe a status that differ boat owner and yacht builder and rich person? If the richer side member could slightly open sponsor the forum and the wiser member donate what they feel right then the learning member could enjoy the forum with full knowledge that this forum have people that care... unless this is a soley government backed forum with no money needed just juice up the bandwith kinda place?

I am just suggested that the forum should openly have a button with free will donation option for member that enjoy the time and just wanted to contribute in a small way to the running of the place... nothing evil.

wow, that's not really hard to express but I am just voicing my own oppion because I found sending them free T-shirt (New special edition) would be a problem...............................

5. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

If Jeff finds the forum can't sustain itself on advertising revenue, which as far as I know it does, and asks us if we're willing to chip in a few bucks, that's one thing. I'd be willing to help out a bit in that situation
    This is completely different. 5554x, do you have Jeff's financial records? Since you have no legal way of getting them, what makes you think the site's going broke? Donations are one thing, but history has shown that once a site starts charging for its services, it'll usually drop dead. If this proposal were to be implemented, a few of us would simply band together and start a new free forum. Make us pay and off we go.

6. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

I am not implying the site goin broke... I am not implying the rest of the merry-go-round need to be tax or rob of their hard-earned cash. Just a button to let people FREELY donate with Credit Card. Even that is impossible?

7. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

That's not what you've been saying about the idea earlier. The ability to freely donate would be good, IMHO. In previous posts on the subject you implied a system where members would 'buy' the ability to deal with images/cad files, receive merchandise in return.... that's no longer a donation, that's fee-for-service which is a very different animal.

8. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

sorry might be right about it... I mean more to free donation option... better than giving free T-Shirt to the forum design crew.

< IE 7 vs BoatDesign.net | Personal Attacks Tolerated? >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.