Personal Attacks Tolerated?

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Doug Lord, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

But your not a Mod on this site, Dan. So are you trying to do everyone a favor or what?

2. Dan S

Dan S Junior Member

It might be different in other parts of the country, but when I was growing up, daydreamers where shunned. I have heard a teacher tell a student to stop daydreaming many times. Usually the comment was something that insinuates that daydreamers never accomplish anything. Coming up with an idea is not nearly as important as acting on it and making something happen.

I completely agree with you 100% on this.

3. Dan S

Dan S Junior Member

I’m trying to do myself a favor.

4. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

personal attacks as discussion

One last exception here. Dan, you know I don't usually respond to your posts since they are 95% personal attacks and insults.
    But ,Dan, you've given yourself away by your posts in this thread, the 60' Moth, Canting Mechanisms, Moth on Foils and others.
    One doesn't have to have an active imagination to see just what kind of moderator you are/were and what sense of fairness and fairplay(or lack thereof) that you bring to the job. The tactics that you and Frosh have engaged in on this forum are out in the open, Dan.....

5. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Sorry to quote so extensively, but you guys have said it better than I am able to.

You don't have to like a guy to treat him with a fair amount of politeness.

If you don't agree, say so and explain why. If you think a guy has nothing to offer, go away from his thread.

This forum is different from all the others I have been, not only because it's more international (inter-cultural) but because people are more polite and that makes discussions a lot more productive and interesting.

Come on guys, give it a help to maintain it this way.;)

1 person likes this.
  6. Dan S

Dan S Junior Member

Doug you hurt my feelings.

With respect to me being a moderator; I don’t really care what you think. The vast majority of the forum members are happy with how I conduct matters. I have a simple rule, if you act like a spoiled child you are going to be treated like one.

You acted like a child for well over a year, and ultimately it was not me that booted you, it was the forum administrator/owner. The moderation staff received e-mails for days afterwards thanking us for giving you the boot.

7. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

personal attack as discussion

Once you abandon the concepts of fairness and fairplay every thing else is easy......

8. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

And we dont care what happened on another site. Why are you dragging all that bs over here? I've been banned from other sites, but you dont see mods continuing the fight anywhere else. Are you a stalker, Dan? Are you stalking Doug? Awww, how cute!

9. Dan S

Dan S Junior Member

Lol, whatever you say Dougy… You would know better than I.

10. Dan S

Dan S Junior Member

[quote=Figgy]And we dont care what happened on another site. Why are you dragging all that bs over here?[/quote]I was trying to make a point; I must not have done a good job.

Is that something you are proud of?

Yea that’s it.....
    Obviously you haven't read what I or anyone else that disagrees with Doug has said.

Now a question for you:

What do you care what I frosh, CT, Hough etc have to say or think about Doug? I mean as you said earlier, why not just walk away?

11. hansp77

hansp77

Dan,
    I am going to quote Vega for this one,

To sink into off-hand personal insults and attacks actually endangers so much of what is good here.

I have nothing like the required technichal knowledge to deal with Dougs theories and dreams, so mostly his posts slip under my radar,
    I do however appreciated that this site, unlike others, is somewhere where far-out dreams can be discussed and critiqued properly.

Personally thats great for me, because I am and forever will be a dreamer, and consider it one of the better things about the human intellect.

If your accusations are correct, then by all means, politely pick Doug up when he 'injects his opinions' into threads where they are irrelevant- but unless your posts are on point and technical, leave his threads the hell alone.

Personal attacks and insults really have no place here.
    If you really have such a problem with Doug, then just ignore him.
    Its that simple.

2 people like this.
  12. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

I think if there is a fight somewhere involved 2 parties and we have no time or space to sort out the right and wrong, why not have an option of suspension for a month after things cool down and then proceed the forum judgement? This will bring peace and quiet and sanity back to the forum members... Cheers if you understand me.

Instead of baned forever and not bane and hear the borind discussion why not just suspension for both victim and prey ALIKE?

13. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

What do I care? TONS of other fourms out there, no big deal to me. The owners havent kicked me tho', every time its one of the mods, flexing his "power", big deal. But this is a professional fourm, and I'm here to share and learn.
    See, Dan, my problem with you is you dont bring anything to the table. Frosh and the others have decent arguments, you just talk smack in the background. Your more of a nuisance. Tell Doug why his idea wont work, dont just bash him. What happened on another fourm is of no concern to THIS fourms members.

14. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

I think figgy is right, why drag and drop into this forum other unconcern problem and increase the intensity of an addition burden that no one want to know anyway. Does anybody wanna share their past for a leisure option in the boat design forum?

I think sharing and learning is a better mode of the forum feature. We can built a fighting forum some where and some time... or why not just go to their home with a double barrel? I am now too off topic with the analogy?

15. stevel

stevel Lost at sea

Won't work

Anyone banned or suspended will come back using a different ISP if they want to be here.

< poll for ..... donation option? | Spreadsheets, etc., library. >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.