Perkins 6354-t 180 hp turbo engine bed?

Discussion in 'Diesel Engines' started by elioti, Feb 24, 2008.

1. elioti

elioti Junior Member

Hi there, i have a Perkins 6354-t, 180hp, want to fit it in a Nelson34, the engine bed is attatched to marine ply 3/4 inch, am not sure if this is strong enough to take the weight, is attatched to a longitudinal piece of ply that is upright, about 20 inches high, hope someone can picture what i mean! Maybe need to explain better!

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

You are way over powered, that may not be a bad thing but thats a bit too much, but why do I think you know this? I had a friend who had a 100HP Volvo in a Nauticat 33 (or someting,-- small boat) It would try to come out on the plane.
    Yes you will need some serious engine beds. Pics?

3. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

I was about to say the same as Frosty, but took a look at the other similar boats and looks like they all trying to warm up the planet:D

4. elioti

elioti Junior Member

Thanks for replies,will try to post a photo to show what i mean, there originally was a 120 hp engine in, when purchased boat came with this perkins 175hp, as said hope its not too heavy to go in!

5. storthore

storthore New Member

Mr.

Hi!
    I have been looking for a picture of this engine modell but it seemes impossible to find .
    If you have I would bee very pleased if you could send me one.
    yours sincerely
    Thore Hardelin

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.