Perkins 275ti to a BravoIII? WIll the bravo hold? Please help.

Discussion in 'Diesel Engines' started by clctrader, Jul 2, 2007.

1. clctrader

clctrader Junior Member

Ok, i got a 26' project boat that am dropping a Perkins 275ti (250hp+lots of torque) under the center console. I will be installing a jackshaft to the outdrive. I was almost ready to buy a Volvo diesel duoprop outdrive when someone told me that the torque the perkins has will destroy the outdrive. Now am thinking what about a Diesel 1.81 Bravo III outdrive?

WIll the bravo III outdrive hold on the torque? Is there anything that i could put in between them that will bring the torque down???

Any help with the subject would be greatly appreciated. I already bought the perkins, and i really dont want to give the idea of outdrive up. I want a fast diesel boat, not a trawler.

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Firstly I think it should be ok.
    Secondly, you got the leg and motor so what choice do you have. If it does chew the leg you can easily remate a new type as you are using a jack shaft.

3. Çemberci

Çemberci Senior Member

4. clctrader

clctrader Junior Member

!

Wow, Thats the exact information i found in a website and broke my head trying to be able to read it because it was a blur. I even thought it was my computer or my java program.

Thank you so much:idea: , your a mind reader:D

There is lots of info that i didnt know about my own engine here,

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.