Peoples Foiler :aeroSKIFF™ / M4

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Doug Lord, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

Peoples Foiler-the technology advances..

The list grows ; see #11 below:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2006
  2. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Not really foiling yet

Well, Doug, it really only sorta/kinda foiled, actually.

Typical of your claims for vapor before the fact. They may actually get it together after a few adjustments to the overall placement of the foils, etc., but to call this a foiling machine is to call my Granny's dishwasher a Porsche.

Now I see where your own claims for a foiling boat have their foundation. A decided... nope, not yet from the judges.

I believe the term is premature and you should rethink your threshold in a serious way.

Perhaps you could give the blowhard stuff a rest and let the Swiss boys take their time with the development of their product.

You might be better spending your own time getting that project of yours together in the shop and not hyperventilating over a rather low-key foiling exercise by a crew on an old school 18 Skiff.

And certainly not even close to a substantive appearance on anything like a People's Boat list when the cost of this dude is gonna hit the wallet real hard in the many thousands of dollars.

Will you never stop being a putz on this stuff?

3. Dan S

Dan S Junior Member

Nope, it's his nature.

I could tell you stories about doug, that would make you laugh so hard that you would cry. :D

4. frosh

frosh Senior Member

Give it to us then!

Hi Dan, we have all tried to make logical discussion and sometimes argument with Doug, but actually it has become so boring now that it is positively mentally stultifying for me to discuss foilers any more.
    To inject some excitement back into the forum why don't you retell some of the stories that you know about him. I could use a good cry, I mean laugh. :)

5. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Thats mature, name calling. I just checked and I'm not at SA.

6. casavecchia

casavecchia Senior Member

This is not Boat Gossip Net.
    Marco.

7. Dan S

Dan S Junior Member

Been there done that have the t-shirt.

Debating the finer points of a topic with doug are impossible if you are on the other side.

8. frosh

frosh Senior Member

Try a new tack!

Those of us that have had enough of Doug's demented rantings (me included), could just completely ignore him and his postings. This way threads would not become hijacked!
    BTW I think he can't afford the $157 (estimated cost) to build the proposed (by me for a kid pilot) Aeroskiff 8. Too bad; he could prove the feasibility of the monofoiling, canting keel, sliding deck ballast, high jumping, extremely user friendly next mass production, sensation of the sailing world. :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.