people should behave!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by BriggsMonteith, Jul 15, 2010.

1. apex1

apex1 Guest

Amen.

And of course that is not valid when we are fighting, then we are what we are, humans..............

2. bearflag

bearflag Inventor/Fabricator

Sometimes when we are fighting we learn even more.... It forces you into your A game. :)

Even the strongest metal doesn't know its true character until under hammer and anvil, nor does the blacksmith who forges it.

Never run from criticism, embrace it.

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Be neutral. Be Swizerland. Yodel freely.

4. Boston

Boston Previous Member

fighting ?

who us :p

you haven't seen backstabbing until you have been over on the wooden boat forum, now they have some true head cases on board.

what we do have here is some folks who are passionate about there craft and a great moderator. The later of which is sorely lacking on some other forums I can think of.

5. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Boston I agree complitly.
    Well said
    Daniel

6. dskira

dskira Previous Member

[​IMG]

RICOLA:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

7. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

I agree with Daiquiri 100%, who himself is one of our best respected contributors to the forum. I learn a lot of stuff here from amateurs and other professionals alike. I try to give a lot of stuff also. It puts money in my pocket because sometimes readers will hire me to do design work for them. This is a great place to be--the best technical boat design forum ever, in my opinion.

I see no reason to be mean in our posts. The only thing it satisfies is the complainer's ego. In such cases I generally follow two rules:

1. Ignore it.
    2. Never get into a pissing match with a skunk.

The only other forum that comes close to this is Sailing Anarchy, and you know, those people really are Anarchists--it is a no-holds-barred fist fight there all the time, and it really turns me off, so I don't go. It is also supported by advertising, which can really muddy up the waters as far as telling what is good information and what is hype. Here we are advertising and (mostly) hype-free, and the point is to help others in their enjoyment of building and using boats. That is all, and you don't have to be mean to do that. If you disagree with a point of view, say so, and say why, then get out of the way so that proper responses and debate can take place.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Thank you.

Eric

3 people like this.
  8. dskira

dskira Previous Member

I realy like when you are on your soapbox :)
    very good post.
    Thanks
    Daniel

9. bearflag

bearflag Inventor/Fabricator

I agree, some people have never seen a box let alone a bar of soap before... Always nice to see someone who is comfortable around it [soap].

10. RHP

RHP Senior Member

Its human nature to disagree as much as it is to agree and folks in the same industry are probably even more likely to become itchy when someone disagrees with them.

That said there is a thin line between humour and taking offense and there are times I crack up laughing when I'm sure the poster means the opposite.

As long as no one is personal or openly rude, game on.

1 person likes this.
  11. hoytedow

Beats vuvuzela, for sure.

12. Tiny Turnip

Tiny Turnip Senior Member

Oo-oh no it isn't! :p

1 person likes this.
  13. Tiny Turnip

Tiny Turnip Senior Member

14. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Ok Tiny, yours is bigger than mine :D
    (Horn of course)
    Daniel

15. hoytedow

What a bunch of blowhards. :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.