People for boat Rendering

Discussion in 'Software' started by bhnautika, May 2, 2012.

1. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Would anybody be interested in some mesh based people for boats in varying poses, these are free to use and some come with different sets of cloths. Some have full bodies and others are just clothing with hands and feet etc. the files will be blank as far as materials so they will have to be added. I have grouped them into three different types. General boat people, rail/yacht and party people/ guests ( pic). These mesh files are in LWO file formate and are between 1 and 2 Mb with one set of cloths.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Interested for sure......I'm really bored with the three people I've been using for years.....:D

Can they be uploaded to the file library? (CAD Blocks)

3. yipster

yipster designer

Looks good on the mobil Nautica, tomorrow i'll check
    1to 2Mb sounds fine, lwo imorts to rhino? my thx ahead here :cool:

4. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Tad I will upload the files in cad blocks. I will have to split some to over come the upload limit but the pic will show what is in each. There is also a pic of each character in with the file.
    Yipster you shouldn’t have any problem with Lwo into rhino but if you do I can supply in other formats (3ds, obj).
    Also if anybody needs a specific pose for a project I would consider doing it as long as it went into the group for all.

5. yipster

yipster designer

working fine, i see even sunglasses there, great clip-art, thx again!

6. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

Thanks!

How were the people created?

7. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Thanks bh........yes the models import perfectly into Rhino 4...

Nice, and an impressive amount of work......:cool:

8. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Thanks BH

The sterile renderings of boats are much better with some human figures. I've even measured clients and scaled figures to suit. It gives the client something to relate to.

I used very simple but naked figures once and had a very negative reaction from a very conservative client. The same sort that would object to bare manikins in a shop window.

I put some 3D people here a while ago:

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/bo...oat-design-renderings-18823-4.html#post157628

9. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Ha!......Those are the three I've been using for the past 5 years.......Thanks Mike.....:D

10. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Tad thanks; some of the older models were a little wooden so I have been trying to add more of a relaxed natural pose to the newer ones.
    David over the years I have use many programmes but my present work flow is
    Poser for figures
    Blender (or other mesh based programmes) for cloths and accessories
    Sculptris for mesh tweaking.
    Mike thanks again, do you think I should have a R rated section as some are naked under their cloths! (Ken and barbie style)

11. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

You are to be congratulated BH... a very generous gesture to share what must have been an enormous amount of work.

I'm often amazed at just how much "stuff'' is out there... not all of it is suitable for marine design of course, but sites like grabCad and 3Dextras... just amazing....

12. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Will thanks, yes most of the suitable human figures available are architecturally based and that was one of the reasons I stated doing some more marine based stuff. I know how hard it was to keep up with the core business of design in time and effort without having to be side tracked by other things.

1 person likes this.
  13. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Hi Bill
    Ha....... Only the designers will peek under the clothing !

I believe Poser can create some very anatomically correct figures if you tell it to but it's not necessary for our use to have all the pink bits. :)

14. RThompson

RThompson Senior Member

The models from BH I imagine cover just about evrything, and thank you very much for that :)

Daz3d (a free application) is specifically for modelling people. The software itself is free along with some anatomically accurate mannequins. The business model works by the community trading in various aspects of the models eg clothes, props, 'character transforms' for the mannequins, etc. Hence there is a lot of cheap or free clothing etc available there, everything from lingerie to wetsuits, hairstyles, body shapes and sizes etc. (and yes, pink bits)
    http://www.daz3d.com/

The models etc are all posable in daz3d, but once imported into Rhino they become un-posable. Ie set up the pose in Daz then export, you can import Rhino models into Daz as a prop. In fact I found realistic models are useful for producing pretty pictures/renders only. During actual design work I find a 'posable' robot mannequin much more useful. (only because the daz models are not posable in rhino).
    I will dig out the male and female robots I have and post them, I downloaded them from somewhere unknown a long time ago. I scaled the male one to have the same dimensions as me, so when I put it into situations I have a good feel for what it would actually feel like.

15. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Rthompson thank you for bringing up daz 3d. I have used it in the past for something’s, has a very robust community of uses and would be a great place to start if anybody wants to have a go at creating their own figures. There is away of making small changes of a posed figurer in rhino, say to tweak an arm or leg position. If you mimic the association between vertices of the mesh and the bone rigs of the morphing done by the animation software (poser, daz 3d, etc). If you turn on the control points of the mesh of the subject, select all the control points of the part you want to move up to the joint. Then using the rotate command to move the selected points around the centre point you have selected. The mesh will be stretched or compacted around this point ( PIC right hand and arm difference)
    One housekeeping tip, when you have picked the cloths you want for your model ,any part of the body meshes that are covered should be deleted, this reduces the file size and helps speed up render times. Some models have been done others haven’t.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.