Stealth Yacht Dubai Designer?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by MarkOHara, Jan 3, 2024.

1. MarkOHara

MarkOHara Junior Member

Does anyone have any specs on this trimaran?
    LWL?
    Beam?
    Draught?
    Propulsion system & Genset?
    Range?
    I also see that it's a custom build but is it built in class and who is the designer?
    And don't just say Google it! Every website I have found advertises what a great party boat it is but there is no information other than that.
    They can't even agree on it's LOA, some say 80ft some say 90!
    https://stealthyacht.com/stealth-yacht/

[​IMG]

bajansailor likes this.
  2. clmanges

clmanges Senior Member

Well, whoever designed it has an inordinate fondness for straight lines. Damned ugly if you ask me.

3. MarkOHara

MarkOHara Junior Member

The design is supposed to be based on the stealth fighter, but my personal opinion does not matter. I have just been tasked to find the designer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  4. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

One of the main drivers in the design was probably to keep her under 24 metres Loadline length in relation to the Rules, as they do get much more onerous for vessels over 24 metres.
    And there seems to be no limitations on beam.....
    Although they might also be staying underneath a particular gross tonnage - perhaps 200 tons?

MarkOHara likes this.
  5. BlueBell

BlueBell . . . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _

6. MarkOHara

MarkOHara Junior Member

7. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

We designed a "STEALTH" looking high speed passenger ferry in the 90s..based upon the same idea.
    It was very stylish and flashy and yeah, full of straight angled lines everywhere.

Sadly the client didn't go ahead in the end, after we spent a lot of time on R&D and detailed design work.

I'll see if I can dig out the GA.

kapnD, BlueBell, rxcomposite and 2 others like this.
  8. MarkOHara

MarkOHara Junior Member

That would be great! We have a meeting with the client next week.

9. clmanges

clmanges Senior Member

I'll give it one thing: all those straight lines make the design and fabrication easier (and thus cheaper). I couldn't help noticing all the planar surfaces, too.

MarkOHara likes this.
  10. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

On a theme of large party boats, the MV Harbour Master was built about 25 years ago by Washburn & Doughty in the USA for a local boat operator here in Barbados.
    Harbour Master | Port of Spain https://www.facebook.com/HarbourMasterTT

She was sold to Trinidad some years ago, but still comes to Barbados for party events like Cropover Carnival in the summer.
    When she was based here she would carry a maximum of 600 souls on three decks (4 decks if you include the lounge and bathrooms in the hull), on a 100' x 30' platform - I have heard that the Trinis, not to be outdone, have often put a thousand people on board for parties..... :)

MV Harbour Master.jpg

Yes please, re posting it if you find it.

BlueBell likes this.
  11. MarkOHara

MarkOHara Junior Member

Yes I was thinking the same thing! It would be a quick build!

12. Dave G 9N

Dave G 9N Junior Member

Looks like Phil Bolger art deco and steampunk all rolled into one, with apologies to Mr. Bolger, who have had an interesting comment to be sure. They got some nice bug ugly flat surfaces, but that thing will have a large radar signature.

13. mitchgrunes

mitchgrunes Senior Member

As far as "stealth" is concerned - all those flat surfaces, and right angles, mean that this boat would be pretty easy to detect by radar.

On the plus side, the high radar cross section means that other boats and ships will detect it pretty easily, so maybe it won't have too many accidental collisions.

The relatively dark color means it would be a bit hard to detect optically at night. But the dark surfaces could get pretty warm, so it would be an easy infrared target.

The relatively straight front and back might mean it would produce a pretty obvious wake, when it was in motion. And possibly be a bit inefficient - this isn't going to be the cheapest boat to travel in.

Party boats, used as such, also produce a lot of noise.

So it isn't "stealthy" by my definitions. But I guess my definitions aren't what they are interested in.

14. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

It's 100 FT overall. What does Stealth Yachts say when you ask for who designed the boat?

15. alan craig

alan craig Senior Member

I searched "stealth yacht dubai" on Youtube and a very similar boat came up, appears to be Layboy before it was Stealth as there are small changes visible. Might lead to something....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.