Pcsail 2.5

Discussion in 'Software' started by kenJ, Jul 28, 2005.

1. kenJ

kenJ Senior Member

I'm using PCSAIL for the first time. When on the RUNIT page I am getting an error message when the solver gets to Module 12. The message is: Compile error. Can't find Project or Library.

Am I missing something or do I not have Excel set up properly?

thanks!

2. gianlisi

gianlisi New Member

Hi Kenj

I'm using pc sail as well and have the same problem. But twice it worked! don't know why... maybe some mistakes in the data I filled the sheet with... have you managed to solve the problem?
    I see you have pcsail2.5.. don't you? could you please send it to me?
    thanks

gianluca

3. kenJ

kenJ Senior Member

PCSail

buon giorno Gianlisi

That is about it for my Italian. I found I had to train my computer to run the program each time I used it. Upon opening the program, run the RUNIT solver for the Sabre 42 data that is resident in the program. The program can then be used on different boats without the error messages. I save my data to a different file (or print it) and close the program with the Sabre 42 data intact.

Where in Italy do you live? My family lived in the Gaeta-Naples area for about a year when I was in the Navy a few years ago. If you send your email address to

kenandvic@cox.net

I will send you a copy of 2.5

Caio Ken

4. kenJ

kenJ Senior Member

PC Sail

I have gotten several requests for copies of PCSail 2.5. When I recieved my copy I was asked not to distribute it. It is shareware developed by the University of Michigan for the use of students and other non profit organizations.

If you have a need for PCSail, please contact the Marine Engineering Department at the university with your request.

Thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.