Patin Catalan piece in current Seahorse Magazine

Discussion in 'Hydrodynamics and Aerodynamics' started by Paul Scott, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Paul Scott

Paul Scott Senior Member

Can anyone explain the article? The diagrams seem to indicate crew moving one way, whilst the description say crew are moving the other. (There is also the phrase ‘swinging dinghy style’ :confused: (?)). I’ve spent many training hours sailing dinghies without a rudder, as well as windsurfers and hobie 14s, and according to the Seahorse article, I’ve had parts of things backwards? (Although many’s the time I’ve felt not qualified to even read Seahorse…)

2. BlueBell

BlueBell . . . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _

What article do you speak of Paul?

EDIT: Oh, there it is in the thread title!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
  3. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

If it is allowed by the @Boat Design Net Moderator it would be useful if you could post a copy of the article in Seahorse, as I am sure that very few people on this Forum subscribe to it.

BlueBell likes this.
  4. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

The only concern is if it violates an author's or publisher's copyright, please do not attach it here as it could get the forum into trouble. So if it's under copyright, please get specific permission from the author/publisher before posting.

BlueBell and bajansailor like this.

5. cluttonfred

cluttonfred Senior Member

There is no copyright issue with fair use of an *excerpt* of an article if you want to post a pic of the image and description that you are asking about. Also, please give the actual issue number/date and article title/page number in case it’s available online.

BlueBell likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.