party boat new project !

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ericrunner, Dec 17, 2012.

1. ericrunner

ericrunner Junior Member

After the Pon-Doo build i have decided to try a real boat ! Just got my hands on a 1972 silverton 27 x 11 the mechanic is A1 and its very solid and heavy as hell ! So i pretty much threw everything away :D here is a hint on whats to come :idea: jacuzzi in the nose of the boat ,home brewed side thruster, extend the second floor so i can sit 10 people at the table upstairs , bigger kitchen area on the back of the boat , big bbq , stereo , led lights all around and inside the cabine lounge style will be a flat screen , full size gas fridge , glass shower with toilet integrated inside and a full size bed . Driving is from the flying bridge only . Ho and lets not forget the pirate flag ;) pics to come soon

1 person likes this.
  2. FMS

FMS Senior Member

A jacuzzi near the bow will add a considerable amount of weight. Test the trim and handling with test weights first.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I'm sure we'll read about your capsize in the papers.

4. OFFSHORE GINGER

OFFSHORE GINGER Junior Member

LOL ................Good one .

5. FMS

FMS Senior Member

6. PAR

The Schumer incident, was precisely what I was thinking, when I posted previously.

7. ericrunner

ericrunner Junior Member

like always people say no it cant be done well once again i will make this work ;) it was the same story with the pon doo ! If i afto make a trimaran out of it to make it work i will :p its a big boat im shure it will be fine for slow cruising . Its to late now i ordered the spa so no backing down now. Its not going to be on top of the nose of the boat , im cutting to fit it in

8. keysdisease

keysdisease Senior Member

9. Batchief41

Batchief41 New Member

Eric runner, this is allen in Memphis TN USA. Read all your threads on building pontoon plan a and then saw short hit on plan B. I have access to a 22 ft pontoon almost brand new with no motor. I wanted to speak with you briefly about your plan B for the pontoon. I are sure there are pros to pushing versus pulling. Pushing with your set up takes some engineering and renovating. If I am reading this right plan b was to pull the pontoon from the front using a A frame type arm to steady the pontoon away from the jet ski and provide better steer control? I understand your privacy but if you can email me at ridemyhdh@gmail.com or call me I would appreciate it. Thx Allen.

10. boat fan

boat fan Senior Member

Weight is still weight.

If you can get enough displacement up forward , it could be done , but
    Pontoons are at a distinct disadvantage there....... a third hull may do it.

Do the sums first.

11. ericrunner

ericrunner Junior Member

Worked on the boat all summer super stucture is now completed a few change were made , in cabine is a large table sits 12 , rear deck is a full kitchen ,second floor fly bridge and very big sun deck and its a trimaran now ;)

12. JCherubini2

JCherubini2 DianaOfBurlington

I just feel sorry for the nice old Silverton 27 which would make a terrific restoration project. A good friend has one and it's a treasure.

13. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Good craftsmanship and sheer determination cannot defeat the priciples of physics.

Jacuzzi, 10 to 12 pasengers, full sized fridge, TV, substantial generator, a generous supply of strong beverage..............Lots of weight it would seem.

14. PAR

Lets not forget the 10 guest flybridge . . . yep, we'll read about this one in the papers. I just hope no one gets hurt, which unfortunately isn't usually the case.

15. ericrunner

ericrunner Junior Member

You guys make me laugh ! Its always like that creating , to many closed minds

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.