Panel in sailing yacht frm GL

Discussion in 'Class Societies' started by Minthihakyaw, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Minthihakyaw

Minthihakyaw Junior Member

i wanna know wht the panel mean in sailing yacht. Wht is the longest panel and wht is the shortest panel. And wht does the distance "X" mean in GL I-3-2 Pg.2-52? Wht rules are gud for sailing yacht of above 24m? I m newbie in this field and plz guide me more.
    With best wishes Screenshot_2015-09-23-14-24-12.jpg

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

A "panel" of the hull must be limited by reinforcements. Two consecutive transverse reinforcements, along with two longitudinal stiffeners, delimit an area of the hull which is the "panel". The distance between reinforcements determine the largest and smallest dimension of the panel.
    The distance "X" is usually the distance from the center of the panel until the after perpendicular.
    All this, and other very necessary things, are explained in the rules you want to apply. Therefore I recommend very strongly that you read the rules before proceeding. Otherwise, you can not calculate anything that is reliable.

3. Minthihakyaw

Minthihakyaw Junior Member

Thank a lot TANSL.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.