Please HELP!!! rebuilding 74 18' fiberform deck and sole

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by bigisland, Apr 28, 2007.

1. bigisland

bigisland Junior Member

Aloha,

I am rebuilding an old fiber form hull. The hull is in good shape. I am going to re shoot the entire outside with algrip. I have to cut of the cabin because of dry rot and remove most of the deck/sole because of soft spots. I am also cutting the transom and converting for and outboard. I have been reading up about putting in a new cabin/deck and sole. I have a few questions. How do bond the cabin/deck to the fiberglass hull. I was going to put in douglas fir and plywood. Should I glass in sheer clamp? how would i go about doing that? also any suggestions for filling the hole left by the i/o. Also any suggestions u can give about epoxying a new sole in would be really appreciated. Hopefully the stringers arent rotted out. guess Ill find out when i cut out the soft spots. Anyways any help u can give I would really appreciate it. WIll post pics and keep the project updated. Mahalo