Pacific Proa Junk Rigged???

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by rael dobkins, Aug 17, 2019.

1. rael dobkins

rael dobkins Senior Member

YES!

In the video below watch it work better then all expectations!!!
    Easy shunting! reefing, sailing and just an all good rig.
    A long road of trial and error comes to an end.

Balkan Shipyards.

BlueBell likes this.
  2. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Probably one of the slowest change of leg I have ever seen.
    Why people persist with these old technologies to go slower than 90% of small sailing craft, I will never understand.

3. rael dobkins

Thanks for your support, I truly love your comments.
    I on the other hand could never figure out armchair sailors......

gypsy28 likes this.
  4. gypsy28

gypsy28 Senior Member

Perhaps some people simply don't need the latest wizz bang technology or the need to sail faster than 90% of small sailing craft? Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's wrong.....I'm glad I wasn't born such a negative nelly

5. rael dobkins

Gypsy, You hit the nail on the head, those are exactly my reasons for building the boats I build.
    Except for the fact that Proas amaze me, They are truly cheap and simple to build (If you get it right.... which I hope I finally have....) No other boat that could offer these micro cruising abilities would be as long, but still light and compact enough to go on the roof of my small car........
    Shiny technology costs big money, In East Europe, money comes hard..... Spending huge bucks on latest technology is something I just can't do.......

Still I have 2 cars one is "modernish" 20 years old... got electronics computers.... The other is 35 years old, driving it feels like you're sitting in a toolbox, he can rattle your fillings out of your teeth..... I crossed Europe countless times in him MID WINTER, snow and ice as far as the eye could see...... I would do it with him any time! WHY? cos I can fix anything on him, ZERO electronics! Cos he's OLD SCHOOL! And you hit it! I LIKE IT THAT WAY!

The force is strong with you, Keep Shunting.
    Balkan Shipyards.

ALL AT SEA likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.