High Performance Racing Multihull, (Hull) Design Evaluation

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by BRYD, Oct 11, 2013.

1. BRYD

BRYD New Member

Hi there! I am currently studying for my last year of Yacht and Power Craft Design in the uk and have started my thesis on a High Performance Racing Multihull.

I am currently looking for a non CFD method of evaluating the hull resistance and was wondering if anyone could help direct me.

The Project is to design and develop a small wing sailed cat which is obviously very topical at present. for the wing i have acquired a multy-element 2d aerofoil analysis program from Hanley innovations and plan to use a CFD solver for further evaluation.

For hull the resistance I am limited as I don't believe the VPP packages i have access to can accurately handle very slender hull forms. Similarly I understand the interface between mediums makes CFD based solutions difficult with regards to resources and budget.

It would be great if anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction regarding this as well as any advice in the methodology in undertaking this project would be really gratefully received.

Many thanks B.

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

3. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

4. BRYD

BRYD New Member

Thanks for reply's will have a look

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.