Outrigger canoe plan....

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by BWD, Aug 2, 2006.

1. erikhaha

erikhaha Junior Member

Hey BWD good to see you have made some progress since last time. So far she looks real nice.

I have also made some progress on mine but not as much as I'd like to have. Being married and having a full time job cuts into my building time. Damn work.

Here are a few pictures of what I have done so far. Just today I finished the bulkhead under the forward beam, but now I have to epoxy it into place and fillet all the seams that it makes with the hull. Before I was trying to make a folding system, but I have since abandoned that idea for a simpler single 4” diameter x 1/8” thick Aluminum tube section fore & aft.

I also used Dierking’s book to make the Vaka, which is a modified Ulua. Since then I have designed most everything else, or taken from examples I have seen. I just started making one of the 2 outriggers. It will be 16ft long 16”x16”x16” triangle with a tapered front section. I am using ¼” marine plywood, stitch & glue method.

Well, I have to go and work a little more on her before it gets dark.

Attached Files:

2. dstgean

dstgean Senior Member

[QUOTE You can check it out at the link for 2009 at www.t200.com

Dan[/QUOTE]

That should read www.texas200.com not the troop 200 of the Boy scouts.

Dan

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.