OUTRAGE! Ady Gil (Earthrace) trimaran rammed and sunk by whalers!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by bad dog, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

cheapest to chemically neuter the boys
    course thats permanent
    if you just snipped a few things it could be reversible
    assuming you were able to pass a test or something

you need a license to have a dog around here but any jack *** can start pounding out kids
    makes no sense at all

I say fixed at birth and if you can pass a test
    you get some whale meet
    assuming the Japanese leave any for the next generation that is
    otherwise you get to boff three vegans and see which ones actually eating right by virtue of who gets preggers

B

2. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Sorry Boston...

Hello...

This is just another well intentioned - dumb **** - idea - that the world media - in this world - can label - as terrorist - or any other convenient label...
    I prefer - 'dumb ****' - but that cannot make after school news or other - so where are we - the ones who see this as a 'dumb ****' move on the part of 'dumb fucks' - in general...
    So you want to show the Japanese as 'dumb fucks' - who are killing whales under some 'dumb ****' science **** - but then you go and put your 'silly' boat in front of their pointy end - well - you too are a dumb ****...
    I guess it will come down to who is the 'dumbest ****' - but putting stupid looking boats that failed their original design brief in front of a Japanese Whaler - is just ******* stupid...
    Go sit on your toilets - have a good **** - have a good piss - and just think about yourself...
    See - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMk208Op1Jc ...

SH.

3. Boston

Boston Previous Member

no worries Sean
    hope you are hanging in there

hows the job going
    sometimes it can be a place of real solace at least for me
    work is like a break from all the bs and I can just build something
    cheers
    B

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

And there it is ladies and gentlemen. Over 300 posts and this is what we were all trying to say,---- perfect.

5. zagan

zagan Guest

The Ady Gil wasn't bought by Green Peace it was loaned to them by the billionaire owner.

Was loaned to them so they can track the harpoon boats as none of the Green Peace fleet can keep up with them, they only really play with the secruity ships for the whalers.

Australia own around 80% of Antarctica which the UN has accepted so all other countries would have to accpet that as well.

Also the US Army, others etc that have bases there, pay a rent to Australia to have bases there.

Australian Navy doesn't generally patrol down that way so can't really expect the Australian navy to stop everything down that way.

Anyway both Australia and New Zealand are doing reports to decided at what happened I'd say the Ady Gil will be at fault but see what happens.

6. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

So Watson wants to eliminate(kill) 5.8 billions of people, but wants to keep his marine recreational vehicle? Wait he got rid of it recently. Never mind. Wait some ****** will surely give him another one so he can make another attempt to kill his crew, if they don't mutiny. Can your crew mutiny if you are not really a captain?

7. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

I'm starting to believe you got too many commie immigrants from the ex Sovjet and they are now running some serious propaganda sh** they used to before prestroika...
    You'd quess who has most of the bases in your so called territory and I bet they don't give you anything :p

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I don't believe I've ever seen more misinformation in one short post.

1. The Sea Shepherds are not Greenpeace. It's a separate organization started by Paul Watson because Greenpeace wasn't radical enough for him.

2. As far as I know, Ady Gil was an outright gift from its namesake to the Sea Shepherds. Do you have proof otherwise?

3. The Sea Shepherds don't just play with the security vessels; they attack the whaling vessels themselves. It's the reason they go down there, and the reason the Japanese have security vessels.

4. Australia doesn't own a single square foot of Antarctica. It claims 42% (not 80%). But that claim is only recognized by four other countries, who very conveniently also happen to claim portions of Antarctica.

5. Australia's claim isn't recognized by the UN, and it wouldn't matter two hoots in Hell if it were. The UN doesn't run the world; it's a voluntary organization of sovereign nations who do what they damn well please anyway.

6. The US Army has no bases in Antarctica; it abides by international agreements to keep it demilitarized. The US does have research stations there, but I seriously doubt they're paying anyone rent. Can you prove otherwise?

7. I'll agree with your last two statements: you can't expect the Australian Navy to stop everything, and the collision seems to me to be ultimately Ady Gil's fault. Had she not been harassing the Japanese vessel to begin with instead of keeping a safe distance as required by the Rules of the Road, this couldn't have happened.

9. tuantom

tuantom Senior Member

After reading the first 150 or 160 posts of everyone believing this rule trumps that rule and these people are this and my tribe can **** yours - I got bored with the over complicating of a fairly simple issue and skipped to the last page. Thanks for finally laying it down Sean.

The lawyers have won! Finally - We're all speaking their language.

10. mark775

mark775 Guest

"I don't believe I've ever seen more misinformation in one short post." - It happens all the time.

The U.S., England, Spain, Belgium, France, and Russia, I could see staking claims. And Australia - They are kinda near there? They have "South" in their name? Shut up about ANY Aussie claim. There are a pack of very generous countries that allow you to go there, if you want. THAT'S IT! That's your claim.

11. ahlbebuck

ahlbebuck Guest

Somewhat Relevant

Years ago African Elephants were the flavour of the day for environmentalists and anyone not in favour of protecting them at all costs was a target - just like these Jap fishermen.

At that time the rich and famous flocked to the cause based on questionable data at best. I have been a consultant for one of the largest wildlife sanctuaries in the world many years and can vouch for the extreme difficulty in determining actual numbers - and this is on land. How the hell can anyone even get close to determining the status of a marine creature in the most inhospitable areas of the planet?

To make a long story short - today the wildlife sanctuaries in Southern Africa are suffering tremendously because of elephant overpopulation playing havoc with the food supplies of all animals in the parks. Their fanatical protection has now created a monster far too big to control and now these greenies are nowhere to be found to foot the bill for this disaster.

Just like elephants, whales have few natural enemies and due to human encroachment on their habitats they are forced into smaller areas. Before the whales destroy the food chain in arctic areas due to overpopulation as a result of unchecked population growth perhaps it is time we first determine the exact numbers and then allow a certain amount of culling to keep the balance.

God knows the greenies have done enough damage in Africa. Perhaps more of them should follow the lead of those Madonna / Jolie types and start collecting some human pets.

I will venture a guess that there are far more whales around than these fanatics will have us believe.

to get back to nautical matters - its just plain stupidity for such a small vessel to pull such a stunt. They can be lucky the Japs didn't pull them out of the drink - I can just imagine the hiding they would have gotten.

12. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

I became really curious what do they teach in schools in Oz? So many trying to dumb us this crap..

13. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Ahlde
    I spent a little less than a year in what I had hoped at the time would be my dream job
    working for an organization that specialized in breading endangered animals

we began to have problems when they announced a 50 million dollar program to house and maintain 7 Asian bull elephants. 50 million dollars on an animal that is not critically endangered ( there are over 30,000 in the wild and upwards of a million in captivity, so whats the point that in thirty or fourty years they are going to be running out of habitat, hardly. We have amphibion species dropping like flies but since there not warm and fuzzy and draw big crowds then, what, they are not worth it. 50 million would pretty much be enough to build a specialized building that could house breed and save vertually every endangered amphibian we have left, but no; the group we entrust with using what few resources we do have to apply to the conservation efforts are wasting them on publicity stunts.

I left the organization in disgust after "not being able to get on board" as they put it

14. mark775

mark775 Guest

I was thinking about commenting on that...I know many Aussies that are NOT like this.
    Teddy, I have been to Helsinki and Joensuu by the train in between and noticed a difference in the people. Lord knows, we have (mostly) regional different visions in the U.S.. I'm trying to piece together if it is a regional thing in Australia. Can't say that big city people are everywhere a pain in the *** but there does seem to be a connexion between numbers and neurosis and, obviously, political orientation.
    zdgcerh.jpg.jpg

Is a "medical records technician" or whatever one's doing in a city, or a farmer more likely to utter, "ewww, there's blood, and they're "just like we are"!
    020408_barack_fan_crying.jpg

15. ahlbebuck

ahlbebuck Guest

Boston

Typical of their zealous behavior - trying to breed with only 7 BULL elephants???

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.