New to forum

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by myoung, Dec 30, 2005.

1. myoung

myoung New Member

Hey everybody, new guy here.

I joined up since I thought this might be a good place to get some info for my first boat. It needs a lot of restoration work and I'll need some advice on how to go about doing things like floor replacement and such.

It's a '73 Kona 21' mini day cruiser jet boat. Don't know if there is much discussion here on old fresh water cruisers or not, but I figure building techniques should work the same for most fiberglass boats so i should be able to get the info I need. I picked this boat up cheap and I restore and build cars already so I'm not affraid of tackling anything on it and am not worried about the work costing more than it's worth. I like the look of this boat and want to keep it and personalize it.

Some of the topics I'll need to cover are;

Floor replacement

Stringer replacement and possibly changing to full stringers

Bulkhead replacement as well as side supports for the gunnels(sp?)

Basically any and all wood in this thing that may need replacing or upgrading

Hull repairs and gel coating

So.........where should I start and which forum would help me the best in terms of who lurks there that could help me. Sorry if I'm new to the whole boat scene and don't know all the correct nomenclature yet, I'm learning.:D

Here she is in all her glory.
    [​IMG]

More pics -->click here<--

2. KCook

KCook Senior Member

The forums at www.iboats.com are also very good for projects.

Kelly Cook

3. yipster

yipster designer

also the "search button" above holds a wealth of info on all topics named, good luck with your boat

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.