Outboard Options (Jetpac)

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by bmtsa2003, Aug 27, 2005.

1. bmtsa2003

bmtsa2003 Bocas

Does anyone have any experience with the jetpac? I am sitting here in Panama operating a water taxi service (6 19 pax and 1 60 pax boat) from the mainland to the island. Reefs all over the place and lower units breaking frequently.
    I am looking to repower all the boats because the 200 and 250 two strokes are eating my lunch and as mentioned above the lower unit repairs are eating my dinner. I have sent more than 6 e-mails to Sword Marine, filled out the request form several times and have not received any response. I have the impression that there must be a flaw with their product or they are really not interested in selling.
    In the meantime I have purchased 2 250hp Suzuki which of course are reducing the fuel cost, but the lower units remain to be a problem.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.