Outboard 3d files

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Akeswins, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Akeswins

Akeswins Naval Architect

Hi,
    Can anyone let me know where to find some 3d iges or rhino 3d designs of a 150-250 hp outboard?
    I've tried on www.marinepower.com, there are few 2d dxf files, but I would have a 3d iges if possible.. In our section "3d cad blocks" there is not outboard design available...
    Thank You all!!

2. Splint

Splint Junior Member

Contact your local BRP dealer and request cd with 3d igs drawings of Johnson and Evinrude outboards.

3. Akeswins

Akeswins Naval Architect

Good Idea.
    However, I've built a 3d rhino file from the 2d dxf found for mercury optimax in marinepower.com...
    It was quite long..I'll post soon the results in gallery

4. shaunaddy

shaunaddy New Member

If you know a BRP dealer that would do that please give me his name! I am desparate for cad data on the E-TEC 250 as I am designing a racing gearbox/middsection.

5. Akeswins

Akeswins Naval Architect

I asked a Dealer but no one gave me some 3d files, maybe here in Italy the dealers cannot have the cd with drawings.

6. shaunaddy

shaunaddy New Member

Yes, it seems to be the same in the UK. I do have a 225 engine and will just have to finish measuring it all and model it myself.:( It is specifically Evinrude data I am after - in partucular engine bolt pattern dimensions etc.

7. Splint

Splint Junior Member

I got my disk quiet some time ago and if I recall correctly I contacted the BRP company directly and asked them who in turn contacted their dealer nearest to me who mailed a copy to me. Maybe your dealer couldn't be bothered sending you a copy but if the order came direct from BRP things might be different.

Cheers
    Splint

8. shaunaddy

shaunaddy New Member

Hi Splint,
    Exactly what did they let you have? E-Tec? dxf/iges?????
    I am actually doing the racing gearbox for a top UK dealer so I am sure he would have tried hard. It may just be that BRP policy has changed. Our issue is that if the gearbox does not work, BRP may worry that it would make them look bad.

9. Splint

Splint Junior Member

On the disk is the following:
    eagle_v4.igs
    eagle_v6.igs
    Falcon-Skins-2.igs
    talon-skins-3.igs
    t-bird_20.igs
    t-bird_30.igs

Iv'e included a screen shot of one of the files to give you a better idea of what's there. It's external surfaces only, nothing beneath the skin on these.

When I contacted BRP I told them that I was a boat builder and that I needed the files for design reference so I could use their motors on my boats.

Cheers
    Splint

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  10. Akeswins

Akeswins Naval Architect

Hi Clint,
    could you place these Iges files in the CAD BLOCKS section?

11. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Akeswins,

If you go to this URL, you can join the group there and exchange your 3D models for others you may need in your current work.

http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/default.aspx

Right now, it looks like there are two outboard engines available.

It's simple, you register, submit a 3D model or two from your own work and you can then download a file as you may need them. More or less a like for like arrangement.

Chris

12. Splint

Splint Junior Member

I had a look at 3dcadbrowser and it appears they don't support IGS file types. Most of the file types they support are more of the illistration/animation types rather than CAD.

I zipped the file for t-bird 30 and uploaded it but I think it won't appear in the CAD blocks gallery until the moderator has had a look and approved it. I tried to upload t-bird 20 but I had login issues which presumably is to do with the approval process but I will get the rest of the files up asap.

Cheers
    Splint

13. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

I don't see any files in the moderation queue right now -- if you encountered an error please try again or let me know and I'll do my best to solve it.

14. Splint

Splint Junior Member

Thanks Jeff, I'll try and post the files again this evening when I get home from work.

Cheers
    Splint

1 person likes this.

15. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.