Ugly Apparel

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Nomad, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

Got a few new "Ugly Truth" shirts on the way. Kindda cute no? :D

Click HERE!!!

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Now what in the heck is ugly about ugly boats anyway? :D

Oh and who did the drawings for the 42?

Nice stuff by the way.

3. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

P.S. on a very minor note, the javascript which changes the large picture doesn't work in Mozilla and probably not in Netscape 7 either since it's based on Mozilla 1.0.1. Of course, it's not a big deal since Mozilla only accounts for a few percent of visitors unless AOL ever makes the switch from IE to NS.

4. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

Thanks Jeff for letting me know about Mozilla.

What you wife isn't letting you buy a shirt?!?! Trouty ordered 3. Then again we have not seen any posts here from either ;) :D

The of the 42 was done by my brother. The one on our "new" web page is the 36'. We have one under construction.

Thanks again Jeff

Trouty are you still alive?? :D

5. trouty

trouty Guest

Yup Yup Nomad...I'm still here.

Still alive - ugly boat shirts eh?....there ARE no ugly boats the same as their are no ugly babies Nomad! - you should know that! ;o)

Some boats are just "less beautiful" than others is all..... hehehe

I've just been off sulking since the lovelly Maxthunda boat chickybabe paid us just one visit to tantalise us then shot thru Nomad... *sigh* ;o)

Gunna be away a few days more - it's the long weekend, and I have a 3 day charter tour starting early AM...which will leave me wrung out like a wet dishrag...but thems the breaks.

Things are a little quiet here sometimes Nomad, so I don't tend to drop in here as often as I did when actively "working up" a new boat design for myself....

I'm stuck tween a rock and hard place, waiting on funds from a land subdivision/rezoning that I've been going thru here for the last 3 years.

The funds are needed for the new boat so - I'm at a standstill until the powers that be sign all the forms and issue new title deeds and someone eventually comes & buys a few acres offa me.

It only depresses me more Nomad talking boats and seeing whats available and not being able to "get started yet" on my new boat project....patience isn't one of my strong suits.

You can only "invest" so much energy into research before you want to make a start...and I'm there....

I could die waiting for our alcoholic planning minister to sober up long enough to actually come into work for a day and sign the rezoning papers, that have cost so far $7 grand in consultants/planning dept fees and have been floating around her planning department and "in tray" for the best part of 3 years.....so far!!! :rolseyes:

I dunno - this is the service we pay taxes for? ;o(

I guess it all depends on how many $ you donate to her political parties re-election coffers as to how long you wait for approval!

All I know is the delays are killing me Nomad....

As it is - there still aren't any 150Hp 4 strokes OB's on the market as a twins setup for my new boat anyway...so it seems the worlds conspiring against me building this new boat Nomad..

I guess if we do go to war with Iraq and it all gets messy, then maybe there won't be a lot of demand for charter tours anyway - people will be too scared to get in a airplane and fly here to fish in case a terrorist blows it up.

Either way - the worlds economy seems set to keep declining into a 1930's like depression - which is probably not the time to be investing in new fast depreciating assets like charter boats...so maybe the delays are in effect doing me a favour Nomad...

I'll sit it out a little longer andf see what transpires - all good things come to those who wait - who knows maybe I'll be installing twin Megs hydrodynamic plasmoidal induction engines yet in lieu of the twin 150 4 strokes! ;o)

Have you seen the US company installing a Meg in a Delorian, and I hear on the grapevine - also into a cessna!
    http://www.tilleyfoundation.com/

Won't be log now Nomad - electric boats!

Cheers!

6. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

So, Your making fun of my shirts now Trouty?!?! What next my boats, web site, what?!?! :D ;)

7. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

That's why we need you to come by more often trouty :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.