Our Favorite Quotes

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by dskira, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SheetWise

SheetWise All Beach -- No Water.

"When I was growing up I always wanted to be someone. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Lily Tomlin

2 people like this.
  2. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

So putting on a red bandanna was all the cover union workers needed to 'commit evil'? Tell me: what's so evil about wanting safe working conditions instead of dying underground, and wanting an honest day's pay for an honest day's work?

I'd suggest that the true evildoers were the owners who were willing to let workers die in their mines, because instituting common-sense safety precautions might have cost them a few pennies of each dollar's worth of profit they made.

3. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Nope.... never knew that about you. It must've been someone else you told.

4. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

How about us folks who've been listening to him off and on for years, and still consider him a disgusting, racist pig -- not to mention a hypocritical, pill-popping drug addict. And of course, a laughable defender of 'family values' as he churns his way through multiple wives, and vacations in the Caribbean with ****** from prescriptions under phony names....

But I wouldn't call Rush unintelligent. He figured out a long time ago how to butter his bread by appealing to the worst in the hearts of Americans, instead of the best.

edit: that's very strange. The best-known medication for erectile dysfunction was filtered out of my post and replaced with a nice little row of asterisks. When did it become obscene to mention a pill that doctors legally prescribe?

OK, thought about it for a few minutes. I suppose the intent was to filter out spam.....

5. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

SAME WITH WOMEN ALWAYS MARRY A UGLY ONE SO YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY WHEN YOU LEAVE FOR WORK CAUSE SHE WILL STILL BE THERE WHEN YOU GET HOME . !! SO WHAT IF YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES WHEN YOU MAKE LOVE !!. i
    :idea:

Now i have my eyes wide open because i found a whole gaggle of nice looking chinese ladies !!

6. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Well, I married the best-looking one I could find, instead. As my dad once pointed out: if a woman picks you out of all the men in the world, she's obviously a little bit crazy and needs to be treated gently. So I've tried to be good to her....

This is Cindy's graduation picture, 37 years ago. I'd post some up-to-date pic's, but they're all on my old laptop that took a dump. I need to round up some more, I guess... but trust me. She's still easy to look at.

[​IMG]

Probably one of Cindy's fondest memories (just guessing; I've never asked her) would have to be the evening in her mid-forties when we were in a checkout line, and the gal behind us asked her, "excuse me; I don't mean to be rude. But are you some kind of a model, or something?" Cindy was wearing old jeans and a turtleneck sweater at the time, with her hair basically just pulled back out of her eyes.

1 person likes this.
  7. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Three things that can cause you mental anguish:

monogamy, bigamy and trigonometry.

8. SheetWise

Note the uniform.

[​IMG]

9. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

- in that order?

10. hoytedow

Usually trigonometry precedes monogamy. The rest is self explanatory.

11. hoytedow

Boat building is not for sissy's, it's for mad people.

Manie B

12. Poida

Poida Senior Member

I don't insure my boat, I don't want to be encouraged to buy another bugger after this one sinks.

Poida

13. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

Take your time. When they made time- they made a lot of it.

14. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Well, boat is just an acronym for 'Break Out Another Thousand.' And when you give up on boats, you can go play with a Jeep instead: 'Just Empty Every Pocket.'

15. SheetWise

"The saddest life is that of a political aspirant under democracy. His failure is ignominious and his success is disgraceful."

Mencken 1929, 'A Mencken Chrestomathy'

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.