? CFD simulator for open suction impeller and hull

Discussion in 'Software' started by Co0olCat, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Co0olCat

Co0olCat New Member

Hi,

I am looking for preferably open source software (C++, Matlab, and R) to perform simulations on prototype boat. The concept uses open centrifugal impeller and Coanda effect. I would need to experiment with hull shape and dimensions. The impeller is expected to be standard, but I want to keep my options open. Ideally I want to visualize the flow of liquid through impeller and along hull surface so 3d dynamic visualization would be very handy.
    I do understand that I require a lot of complex features, but it is only because I have very strong believe in open source community.

Regards,
    T.

P.S. I am open to discuss this prototype with enthusiasts.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  2. Co0olCat

Co0olCat New Member

Update

In a mean time I have found commercial solution: CFDesign. Is there open source or freeware alternative?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.