Option One - how big

Discussion in 'Option One' started by Willallison, May 2, 2002.

1. trouty

trouty Guest

Yeah Flash,

I heard a rumour they ran outta quarters to feed the meter on their MEG!:D

Cheers!

2. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Are you saying I can't use wood for my Hull? :confused:
    Gary

3. trouty

trouty Guest

Wood?...no problem!

As long as it's a doped degenerate semiconductor wood with a lengthy electron relaxation phase!

This way we could even use manual switching!;)

So - you ready for Plasmoidal Induction Electro Dynamic Propulsion theory yet?

Cheers!

4. trouty

trouty Guest

OK this is what ties the preceeding into our new vessel design perameters!

Try n keep up - were now getting to the interesting bits!;)

Plasmoidal Induction Electro- Dynamic Propulsion (PIEDP)

The translation of an inertial mass from one position to another is a process usually accomplished by one of the following:-

1) Pulling the Mass from point A to point B

2) Pushing the Mass from point A to point B

3) A combination of Pushing and Pulling the mass from point A to point B

Rockets automobiles and other brute force motion devices employ process 2 above.

Ramjets Turbines Helicopters and other push pull motion devices utilise process 3 above.

As Yet, the pure attraction only motion systems (1) find very limited use. These usually employ magnetic, electrostatic or gravitational acceleration as a motion source.

Electro dynamic propulsion (EDP) falls into category 3. It can be accomplished by optimizing the ramjet process over the entire leading surface of the mass to be moved (boat hull in our case) if there is a medium through which to move (in our case saltwater…oh yeah - did I mention this thing will be a dead duck in a freshwater lake?)

In the traditional Ramjet, air is sucked into the front of the craft; and with added fuel is ignited inside the craft and expelled out the back of the craft.

The major problem in this system, is the same as with push only propulsion systems, namely that all the leading surfaces of the rest of the craft encounter direct inertial resistance from the water that is not passing thru the craft but around it!

The philosophical concept of making little ramjet breathing openings all over the leading surface of the vessel is approaching higher efficiencies to a point; however, as the ramjet needs a confining space to combust the fuel and air all those little breathing openings would require dead or closed space between them to for the confining chamber.

The optimum lead surface efficiency in a category (3) system is one where the entire leading surface is the ramjet opening! Such a shape is difficult to imagine; think about it a straight tube would almost give a frictionless move along the length axis; but where would the MEG and Crew be placed?

What about the guidance surfaces? If the front end of the tube is opened out enough, to shield the rest of the vessel from frictional exposure, then the inside of the tube itself will offer massive frictional resistance to the incoming water!

Inertial resistance cannot be removed when one mass passes through another; however, the distribution of the resistance can be so designed as to use the water itself as as a frictional dissipator. Thus the optimum may be approached and attained by incorporating the fluid medium into the defined field of the vessel.

The most obvious question now is how does one construct such a vessel? To answer that query, let us build just such a vessel one stage at a time!

1) The vessel will be designed to move in fluid mediums (i.e. it will be a hydrodynamic vessel)
    2) The vessel and it's field definition will first be visualised as a regular sphere within a sphere. The main Vessel is A; the incorporated field is B and the ambient medium (ocean) is C
    3) The vessel and it's field will now be visualised as ,moving from port to starboard on the page within the ambient medium (ocean) (c) If no compression of the incorporated field (b) is assumed, then the passage of the (a) + (b) field thru (c) will produce frictional losses on the interface of (b) to (c) (i.e. heat will be generated as well as other bye product radiations depending on relative velocity). Eventually the heat or radiated energy of such an exchange would be passed onto the vessel (a). To minimise such an exchange, a method of dissipating the unwanted heat must be added.

Even if (b) is assumed as being compressible, then at certain velocities the distance between (a) and (b) in the direction of motion would be would be so small as to negate the effect of the shielding that (b) was designed to give.

4) Therefore, let us assume that (b) is a sacrificial shield One that is being replaced as a function of motion. In this manner, the heat or radiated energy of the field (b)'s encounter with (c) is left behind the vessel (a)…and is dissipated into the old vector of (c).

5) From assumption (3) motion was assumed from Port to Starboard. From assumption 4 the field (b) was assumed to be sacrificial. Let us now probe the mechanisms to produce these two assumptions. The craft (a) is now fitted with a point (d) from which is emitted a dense, high voltage, direct electric current supplied indefinitely bye our over unity coupled MEG (Motionless Electromagnetic Generator) devices, which makes it's circuit thru the field (b)…(actually forming the limits of (b). In conventional terms, the point (d) is negative with respect to the point (e). The hull of the vessel (a) is non conductive (see Gary, - I told you, you could use wood for your hull - as long as it's a doped negantropic semiconducter wood with a long electron relaxation phase), so that the electric moment travels from (d) to (e) via the ambient medium (c) which the ocean being an electrolyte it can!), which bye virtue of the passing electric moment is captured as (b). Two factors will now produce motion to starboard. The first is that the thrust from the accelerated fluid particles from (d) to (e) will produce a resultant to starboard; and the second is that due to the Bernoulli Effect, the fluid pressure at right angles to the fluid flow from (d) to (e) is reduced; in other words a partial pressure reduction is formed to the starboard of ine x-y at right angles to the curved path of (de). Also, as a function of the fluid flow toward (e) from (d) , there is a partial pressure increase at (e). This is caused from collision of all fluid particles from vectors in (dxe) with all the particles from vectors in (dye).

In 5 above, - We can see another side effect of this method of accelertion, at time (t=n), the vessel and it's field have pulsed a vector. At time (t=n+1) the vessel has moved to starboard of it's position at time (t=n), and the region (f) is rapidly normalising to a stagnant zone due to the vectors colliding to generate heat and a little turbulence. In essence the vessel has displaced an amount of fluid from in front of itself and has moved into the space left bye the displaced fluid and has then replaced the same fluid into it’s original space after the craft itself, has pulsed into the next zone.

This phenomenon can be observed by watching a pneumatic tube in the older office buildings that used to use them for shooting inter - office correspondence back and forth. They are sucked and pushed at the same time. A vessel operating on such a principle would leave little if any turbulence; it would not be hampered by high temperatures due to friction (there would be none between it and (c) the ocean); and it would not produce high density shock waves as it passed thru the wave velocity thresh hold of the medium (electrolyte) i.e. ocean….the latter effect is caused because there are no forward vector components in the motion transfer to the starboard of line x-y which eliminates the return inertial wavefront that is normally encountered in the brute force "push only" methods of propulsion.

6. If the vessel is to travel in any other direction than to starboard then a method of navigational control has to be included in the mechanism.

I'm still working on the rest - is there anyone who doesn’t follow me at least this far?

Oh yes - did I mention the di lithium chrystals yet?:confused: ...Hmm I musta skipped that bit!:rolleyes: Never mind - I'll get back to it...

Now - the navigational control mechanism will be an electrical control of the pulsed ion field either side of the vessel - and the differential in forward or reverse motion will be resolved by the computer control joystick and associated software.

Starting up our vessel will be individually operated by voice recognition software (with a manual key over ride of course, in case the owner/skipper fall overboard or suffers layringitis while deep sea fishing). :D

The password phrase for the voice recognition ignition software will be....yes - you guessed it...

"Scott me up beamy"...kind of appropriate for a vessel of this nature - don't you think? :p

With the use of a cat hull and twin plasmoidal induction reverseable polarity ion field generators, in each sponson, a resolution of the infinitely variable pulsed vectors from each sponson will give an almost "hovercraft like ability to maneouver" with simple joystick control - I guess you could compare it to flying a helicopter in one plane without the cyclic control!

Cheers!:D :cool:

5. trouty

trouty Guest

Well shucks!

I guess it's probably a little too early to be sharing pictures of the working model I've been developing, but Awe shucks - I know I can trust you guys to keep a secret so just between the few of us here at the forum - heres a sneak preview of the first actual "working model" of a common overunity powered negantropy dipole, plasmoidal induction electro dynamic propulsion system vessel - it's kinda hard to grasp initially - but study it closely and you'll catch on!

[​IMG]

:D ;) :p

Cheers!:cool: :rolleyes:

6. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

Uh............well may I say..........WOW!! This is overwhelming. :)

7. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Touty,
    You got WAY too much time on your hands!:D

8. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

Uh..........Trouty do you ever work or sleep? Or do you do what everyone else here wants to do 24/7 and play around with boats/boat toys.

And try to get some sleep ok?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Back to "Polarity" for the name then.....

10. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Sleep... What's sleep?

Just wanted to say I really enjoy reading all your posts :)

11. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

Sorry for leaving your name out Jeff thought I forgot someone(s)...

12. trouty

trouty Guest

Sleep?....whats that?

Back to the rockpiletoday to pay my pennance making a cupboard and some timber flywire doors...it aint much but it helps pay the billls! :(

If you can't tell - I'd sooner be messin with boats all day!:)

Oh well - glad you enjoyed!

Cheers!

13. trouty

trouty Guest

Too much time on my hands?

Huh!!! This is what I got to say about that!

Cheers!:p

Attached Files:

14. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

Here's how I see it so far: A 35' boat with a 8'6 beam, the reason for this size is for the accomadations that some of you have mentioned (room for 4 to sleep), You can get more headroom while not looking like a bayliner with a 35' in comp. to a 25'. And as I have mentioned earlier speed and riding comfort. If you have some thing to add or dissagree just keep it to yourself..........I mean just speak up so we can get this show on the road!! :D

15. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

Just one more thing did we decide on type of power(o/b, i/b, etc.)? Just checking

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.