Optimal Specs for Marinas / Navigation

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by SheetWise, Jan 25, 2005.

1. SheetWise

SheetWise All Beach -- No Water.

I'm looking to begin a 62' trawler, which I will move frequently (between Mexico/48/Alaska). In my research I've noticed marina charges and availabile facilities are often in a 'range' for which 62' seems awkward. Has anyone compiled a database of services which details facilities available based upon length? I'm also interested in information about inland and bay navigation based upon mast height. While I'd like to go a little larger, I could go anywhere between 57-72' if the change lower significantly enhanced my options in the marinas or if the change upward did not significantly limit them.

SheetWise

2. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

3. Dutch Peter

Dutch Peter Senior Member

Buy a pilot of the coast you'll be visiting, you'll find all the info you need about ports, locks, bridges, buoys, lights etc.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.