Anyone know Seasailor motorsailer???

Discussion in 'Motorsailers' started by MarioCoccon, Aug 15, 2006.

1. MarioCoccon

MarioCoccon Senior Member

Hi: I'am in the process of a Sea Sailor Pilothouse motorsailer 29 made of wood, no one knows anything about the boat they just tell that is sitting out of the water for 2 years. I found the brand and specs on the web but I don't how the boat performs. Thanks

2. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Mario,
    Could you share the web info you got on this motorsailor? I would like to review it and maybe add it to my M & M pages

3. capnrob

capnrob New Member

Seasailer "Fortune Cookie"

I owned one for 5 years. Sailed from the Florida Keys to Rhode Island. I may have a copy of her original sales brochure. I will look. I can't remember his name but the general layout was the idea of a prominent broker in Dinner Key, Miami, Florida. The Design Plans were drawn by Wirth Munroe Of the "Barnacle", Dinner Key, Coconut Grove, Florida. It is now a State Park and Museum. www.floridastateparks.org/barnacle. They would be interested in photos. Munroe's father, the Commodore Ralph Munroe was close friends with Capt. Nat Herreshoff. Likewise Witrth Munroe and L. Francis Herreshoff. Hence the fine hollow entry of the waterline of the Seasailer. The fine qualities do not stop there. As I'm sure you know, they've put a 40' boat's interior in that 30 footer! 100 gal. each of fuel and water. The lowest point of headroom is 6'2". I don't know which layout you have in your pilot house, I had the twin settees, but it was very comfortable. The dropleaf table used either in the PH or the cockpit, brilliant! I can go on but I'll tell you a bit about performance. I bought her to "motorsail". Her original rig had been replaced with an aluminium rig with roller main and jib. I would set my course and if applicable autopilot. If I had fair wind I would roll out enough sail to keep from disturbing my coffee mug. As sail came out the throttle was pulled back. On my trip to Rhode Island, for an overall example, at 6kts I burned just under 200 gal. of diesel!! It seemed like we had fair wind everyday! We couldn't have been burning more than a couple of pints an hour. I've taken green water over the bow in Rhode Island sound returning from Block Island. Not a drop came in that windshield.Let me know if I can tell you more. Capn' Rob