Open letter to BAIRD

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by watchkeeper, Dec 1, 2010.

1. watchkeeper

watchkeeper Previous Member

Re. AUSMARINE WA event

With regards to your advertising lead up to this event, you indicated 100’s of industry leaders would be attending plus the event would provide an opportunity to view all the latest and greatest.

I had intended visiting the event but last minute business meetings at the METS prevented this. I instead arranged for an associate in Australia to attend on behalf of our company.

His report to me of the event was extremely disappointing, however what does concern me is the misleading information BAIRD provided. I would not have been impressed after spending AU$5000 plus on travel plus accommodation expenses, 4 days out of office to attend a show with less than 25 trade displays.

While I appreciate the need to drum up business I do think a more responsible attitude and acumen is required for the marine industry.

A copy of a letter I sent to BAIRD

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.