Open letter (because I don't think I'm alone)

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Kaptin-Jer, Oct 12, 2007.

1. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

rwatson sounds like ya got rejected for that "stewardess" job. ya should go out and get twice as much epoxy as ya need,,what ya dont use ya can jus kick off in a bucket outside with the wind blowing toward the bar heh ;),, then throw ya empty can in the water,, then go start ya car and rev it up fer an hour,, maybe we should go back to the old days and ride kangaroos,,,hehe

2. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Ohh rwatson, I bet you plane a piece of wood just to smell the scent.........

3. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

I guess I am stating the obvious, but a boat does not have to be finished in order to go sailing. If you have sails, rigging, rudder and anchor you can go sailing.
    Probably the most astonishing story I have ever heard was about a couple who had a nice 30' sailboat and had two weeks of vacation. On the first day their little diesel engine quit. They spent the whole vacation waiting for it to be repaired.
    They never went anywhere.

4. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Serves 'em right for being so darn stupid!

5. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Open letter

Surely, Lubber, that's the whole point of using wood...(makes Homer Simpson drooling noise....'Ah...pine....cedar....' dribble, dribble...) :(

6. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

so what your saying is,, those "sheets can be used for sails?,,woooo,,so in fact ya can move around on water without an engine or oars? i think my head just overloaded,, heh ;)

7. Kaptin-Jer

Kaptin-Jer Semi-Pro

Guys,
    (I was telling Par in a side chat)--Last week-end I pulled my 110 to a GFI and energized a couple of outlets. This week-end I'll bring in a small refrigerator and fill it with beer. Got the A/C working, got the tv working, got my wife working on the week-ends. There really is a heaven. Who needs to leave the dock?

8. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

aint nothing like waking up ta the smell of poly resin kicking off:p

9. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Mind if I go off on a slight tangent, lads?

Just curious, mind - anybody into book sniffing?

Really, just can't pick up one without opening a random page and giving it a good "seeing to". And I've never smelt two the same. I can identify my entire nautical library by smell alone. :p

Finely tuned senses, or in need of psychiatric help?

10. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Open letter

No Trev, you're not alone. My wife two daughters have the same 'quirk'.
    Tried it myself once - 'Lady Chatterley's Lover'. Nowt but pheasant **** and gun-oil...Took a brace of Mills and Boons to clear my nostrils....:)

11. Kaptin-Jer

Kaptin-Jer Semi-Pro

Like I said 3 pages ago---we are all MAD!!

1Much is getting high on poly resin, Trev is getting high on printers ink (or mold), Berg & Watson are high on wood shavings. You are right Trev. We all need a psychiatrist.

12. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

i've "sniffed a few books in my teenage life hehehe,no,,wait,,it was just last week when i got arrested in the book store ;)
    apparently thats NOT what the curtain was for:p

13. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

No fellas, I think we are the "normal" ones. Ever heard of a psychiatrist that did not need one of their own folk?

You see, actually "normal" is what we are all about. It is, in fact, "normal" to have perverts, rapists, do gooders, charity workers, social misfits, preists, teachers, workers etc etc in a society. It is what makes society. The miss fits are actually part therof.

So do not feel guilty about being a bookworm, or a wood sniffer or even a boatbuilder, it is just part of the way it is.

Normal is nuts!

14. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

so LL is your telling me that i'm normal?,,,woooooooohooooo,,i mean drats,,,i been working this whole time to be ABnormal,, and you telling me im normal, man,,its so hard to work ya whole life to reach ya goals,, and ya find out ya did all that work for nothing,,how depressing,,;(
    well,,,i guess i need ta get a boat and get some of those "fumes" going
    :confused:

15. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

the1much,

Hey don't feel too bad, your boat is certainly not "normal".
    I can eat anything with for legs except the table.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.