Open Bow on IMP AZTEC

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Frijolito1988, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Frijolito1988

Frijolito1988 New Member

Hello guys, first post and new to this forum. We recently purchased a 1977 IMP AZTEC ( first boat my family has ever owned ) the engine and everything looks to be in good condition just needs the seats re upholstered and new rug.

My main question is i have been seeing pictures of the same boat I have , same year and everything that has an open bow. Looking at the floor under the bow it looks the same only difference is the piece of plastic covering the front of the bow. if i cut open the "hood" and do some plastic molding to the edges would it be cause a problem to the structure of the boat ?

I dont think it would because it seems that my boat has the same moldings and edges under the bow as a IMP AZTEC with open bow only that ours was the cheapest model and has the bow un cut ?

Anyway any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Don't know the boat, but bowriders often have structure built into the seating and lip to keep the sides strong.
    A closed bow is a box. The top provides support for the sides.
    How much lip fiberglass will remain?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.