Open 650 Design

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by bobby_mcgrath, Jun 9, 2005.

1. bobby_mcgrath

bobby_mcgrath Junior Member

Hi. ANother post from me. I am designing an Open 650 for a senior design project (2 semesters). Any suggestions/leads as to where I can get some design info, or just general suggestion regarding the design of these boats would be very helpful. This is the first boat that I have designed, so any/all info will be great. Thanks

2. nemo

nemo Naval Architect

Take a look to my website :)
    The design is not finished but I think it's not bad :)
    www.delledesign.tk

3. quicksail

quicksail Junior Member

I have an older version of the rules somewhere on my machine. When I find it I will send it to you. Good to see some sailors designing sailboats at MUN. Do you have a VPP to test it? I woulds say it is a fine balance between wetted surface and maximum stability. At least that is what I found. I would develop a spreadsheet or some means of determining the max sail power for the lowest wetted surface. All within the rule limitations of course. Cheers and good luck, I will send you what I got.

Cheers

4. terhohalme

terhohalme BEng Boat Technology

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.