Maxsurf ques?

Discussion in 'Software' started by snow 57, Feb 3, 2007.

1. snow 57

snow 57 Junior Member

Can anyone help me?
    I'm haveing trouble trying to put a wind screen on to a cabin pannel and though I get it close to the existing surface it's just not right. I know there must be a better way but can't get the hang of it.
    Thanks Snow

2. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

You are probably better off using some additional surfaces that intersect the cabin panel to form a trim boundary for the window. that way you are cutting the window out out of the cabin panel rather than laying it over the top.

Hope this helps.

3. snow 57

snow 57 Junior Member

thanks Andrew,
    I had a susspicion it would go some thing like that. I was going to try to make the window have some kind of edge on it so it would intersect at a better angle.
    I am also finding it hard to work out how to put a spray doger on the top of my cabin. The back of it is open and over hangs, unless I finish it inside the cabin top I can't trim it where it intersects. Should I make it in two surfaces and bond the over hang to the forward trimmed part? I am always trying to keep my surfaces to the absoloute minium, but they still stack up.
    All suggestions and advice as uaual, greatfully recieved,
    Snow

4. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

Snow

Can you post a picture of what you mean to give me a better idea of the surface layout?

thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.