One Sexy Cat

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Cat Cruiser, Aug 21, 2013.

1. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I have an English translation of Larousse Gastronomique, the classic French cooking guide first published in 1938. It actually contains illustrations showing the difference between cat bones and rabbit bones, to foil cooks or suppliers passing off cats as rabbits...

I don't think the authors would have bothered, unless they believed it happens.

2. Cat Cruiser

Cat Cruiser Junior Member

Looks like you pegged it tunnels. anything thirties, (like a cris craft runabout), or especially 30's art deco cars and trucks im nuts about.

3. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Troy
    I'm sure it happens too, although the only carnivores I've eaten(that i know of) are fish... & maybe chickens, I've heard that barn raised chickens will eat the deceased. I know a bloke that reckons he has eaten dog & tend to believe him, says you needs plenty of garlic & curry.
    Jeff.

4. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Chickens are pretty cruel, at least in captivity. I'm sure you've heard the term 'pecking order'? Chickens have one. And if they're penned so the one at the bottom of the order can't get away, they'll peck it to death over a period of weeks.

We used to have some Bantams (miniature chickens) running loose on our property. One little cock was the smallest rooster we had, but he had attitude and he was in charge. He kept the hens for himself and the other cocks in line, and was always out front if there was trouble.

He tackled a stray dog one morning, when it went after the hens and chicks. He ran it off after it killed one hen (I heard the commotion and came outside barefoot in time to see the dog running), but wound up crippled in one leg in spite of all we could do for him.

So how did his little flock show its gratitude? One of the younger, healthier cocks promptly drove him out and took his place. He wound up a total outcast... the poor little guy was reduced to making love to sticks on the ground. Finally I penned him up with a couple of hens, so he could live out his life in a bit of style.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Troy,

I know you gotta be lonely, but would you please stick to the topics?

You wander off on conservative politics, and now chickens?

What will it be next, bats?

6. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

All's well as long as no-one tries to work the reptilian elite world take-over conspiracy into it, imo. :p

7. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

This is normal thread drift, Wayne, that will likely wend its way back to the original topic before we're done. It in no way resembles your determination to cram 'conservative' and anti-Obama political propaganda into whatever thread happens to be available, regardless of its original subject.

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Oh c'mon; be nice. :)

The 12 million Americans who believe our world leaders are shape-shifted, extra-terrestrial Reptilians are some of my favorite people. They're ever-loving, visible proof that H.L. Mencken knew what he was talking about when he said , "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

9. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Way it's going anything animal is fine to stay on topic seeing as the thread is about cats.......... that's sounding a bit wrong....... I'll stop.............

10. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

You sound like a good bloke Troy.

11. Petros

Petros Senior Member

you have heard of that one too?

12. Milehog

Milehog Clever Quip

I'm hurt, hurt I tell you that no one commented on my earlier clumsy comparison of the cat in question to the Studebaker Avanti's styling ques.

[​IMG]

Note; this post is chicken and politics free.

13. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I didn't comment on the original post, but I think you're right. It does look surprisingly related to the Avanti, at least in those pic's. All it's really missing is the little crease down the center...

That isn't a bad thing; I've always liked the looks of the Avanti.

14. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Is it again my turn to be critical and negative...? Where is PAR? :p Well, ok. Please consider the following notes as constructive critics, with no desire to hurt designer's feeling, dignity or reputation.

It is imo not very practical styling of a boat. The forward deck doesn't seem to have a single flat surface to put a feet onto, it is calling for an unfortunate slip and a broken arm.

[​IMG]

The helm post is imo too high above the main deck and if someone by chance stumbles down on the main deck, it might become a very bad day for everyone present. The rounded and forward-sloped transom, together with a closed cockpit, will imo require a good dose of physical ability and equilibrium to board the vessel from the dock via telescopic gangway.

Nothing that cannot be fixed at this design stage, but enough to (imo) declare this cat as work in progress with a still long way ahead.

On the bright side, the attempt to re-create the futuristic shapes of the 60's has imo been very successful. I would definitely work more on the layout and the styling of the cockpit, in particular of the raised deck for the helm station.

Cheers

Cheers

15. Petros

Petros Senior Member

I like the styling, but it looks like there is no easy way to get into or out of tender or dingy, no swim platform. This is important for taking on guests when not at the dock, and even from a floating dock, it does not look easy to get on it. A swim platform is also good for scuba diving, kite boarding, sea kayaking and other activities. One should be worked into the design.

[​IMG]