Identify this classic Glasspar runabout

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by ScreeminChikin, May 26, 2006.

1. ScreeminChikin

ScreeminChikin New Member

I rescued this little Glasspar from some poeples back yard yesterday. I am trying to nail down what year this thing might be. I have googled till my fingeres bleed but I cant find any that look just like this one. The title says its a 79 but we of course know better. Far as I can tell, that is when the previous owner bought it from the original owner. There is a "Lido" name plate on the dash and it measures a little over 13.5'. My research tells me that the Rude 40hp Lark III is a 61 vintage. I figure the boat is late 50's to early 60's but I would really like to know for sure.

Thanks
    Mike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DesioMedia

DesioMedia Junior Member

Could you make them bigger this small they are kind of hard to see

3. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Look at the upper right corner of the transom (from the outside) is there a numer there. If yes what is it? If not can you show us a pic of the name plate? Is there a capacity label that tells number of persons, hp, etc?

There was a Lido in California that went out of business on or about 1979. I have no other info. Don't even know what type of boats they made.

Larger pics, or a link to larger pics would be good.

4. ScreeminChikin

ScreeminChikin New Member

Did you click on them? They are thumbs to full screen pictures but for some reason they arent showing up for me at all right now.

I have searched every last inch of this boat, there is no ID number. Im positive that it was made long before 72 when they started requiring hull numbers so I didnt expect to find one. There is a plate that the state tagged on there at on time that is just like a missouri registration number or something. And Lido is the model of the boat, not the name of the company. The company is Glasspar. I will try to get the pictures working tomorrow or take some bigger ones.

edit: I think the picture links are working now. Let me know if not.

5. Ike

Ike Senior Member

On the web site Fiberglassics http://www.fiberglassics.com/ there is a copy of the 1958 brochure for Glasspar. There are two Lido models a 14 foot deluxe and a 14 foot sport. Manufacturers have never been renowned for telling the exact length of their boats so a 14 maybe more like 13 +.

There is a Lido 14 in the 1959 , 1960 and 1961
    Go to Fiberglassics http://www.fiberglassics.com/.
    on the menu on the top of the page select brochures. On that page is an alphabetical list of manufacturers
    Select Glasspar
    When the page comes up, on the left is a little menu. Select Brochures again.

Click on each image to expand them. In 58 it's the first one, in 1959 it's the last one

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.