DHMO, the invisible killer!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by DanishBagger, Feb 19, 2006.

1. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

DHMO, or Dihydrogen Monoxide is one of all-times worst killer.

From www.dhmo.org

_DHMO contributes to global warming and the "Greenhouse Effect", and is one of the so-called "greenhouse gasses."

_DHMO is an "enabling component" of acid rain -- in the absence of sufficient quantities of DHMO, acid rain is not a problem.

_DHMO is a causative agent in most instances of soil erosion -- sufficiently high levels of DHMO exacerbate the negative effects of soil erosion.

_DHMO is present in nearly every creek, stream, pond, river, lake and reservoir in the U.S. and around the world.
    _Measurable levels of DHMO have been verified in ice samples taken from both the Arctic and Antarctic ice caps.

_Recent massive DHMO exposures have lead to the loss of life and destruction of property in California, the Mid-West, the Philippines, and a number of islands in the Caribbean, to name just a few.

The U.S. government refuses to ban the production, distribution, and use of DHMO. This inaction may be due to pressures from private interests and corporate-sponsored economists, among many, who predict a DHMO ban could produce disastrous results. Claims include damage to public health and the well-being of the U.S. and world economies.

Seriously, something should be done.

:p

2. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

I mean, if it get's into your lungs it might kill you, lol

3. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Getting rid of it would affect lots of people and industries to be sure.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

4. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Yup, including the entire boating industri, Kach ;)

5. Gráinne

Gráinne newyddian fordwywr

6. DGreenwood

DGreenwood Senior Member

Interesting site. Looked high and low for some indicators as to who the dhmo.org is, what their qualifications are, or even where they are. In the opening line on the Home page it says "now in Newark Delaware" that is all I could find. They make it look like they are a branch of the Government or something but...???
    Could be some whacko just making stuff up for all I know.

Any one else find any clues as to who these people are?

Sleazy tactics alert...Litter your home page with links to all sorts of links to big name legitmate Government branches and orginizations. It gives you a look of credibility.

7. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

just another bullit comin for johnny!

8. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

LOL, They're not that sleazy. That's the whole point:

Go to www.dhmo.org - and then look to the right where it says "press kit". Click that and log-in - The username and password is given.

:D

9. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Well, they have som fun about the ignorance among other people and journalists... They say this is for educatonial reasons, but when you click on "What is DHMO, shouldn't they explain that it's water and that the whjole site is a joke=?

10. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

No, that's the whole point. You have to dig deeper than that. If it were there, not much could have been learned from it, as it's not a given that anything there is the truth - I could make a site so horrendously extreme, and then in the "about us" I could write yet another lie.

Btw, how many of you actually thought of looking Dihydrogen Monoxide up and/or connected it to H20?

I think it's a great site.

The reason I came to think of it was that I was asked how to tell if a site could be trusted to buy from (In the titanium wood-screw thread), and then I remembered this site.

I think it proves a good point, although it's never nice to feel taken ;)

Edit: May I add, that one of the reasons I think it's a great site is because so many people will believe any claim, simply because it is written down. And, seriously, we all know that if it's on the net, it must be the truth. I mean, it's the "internet", right? That's almost like Interpol, maaan!!

11. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Heh, although the site is a joke, you'd still be hard pressed to find anything on there that is a lie.

12. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Well, it's quite funny anyway :)

13. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

One mans meat is ......
    and the samw with lies,

Some would say 'Sammy Bin Liner' of al qada fame is a nasty man :rolleyes: others say he's a hero! :p Depends where your coming from and in his case where your standing!:D (that'll get em goin'):p

14. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

In this world,I try to take everything with a grain of salt,stress levels are high enough,Danishbagger: Now I have to get you back<,,,,,,,,,,,:)

15. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

hehe, that's all right :) I just hope it won't be anything that will cost me money or will have me build a boat that sinks the moment it hits the water :p

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.